Travel rugs - colour? and thermatex or other?

becca1305

Visit site
Slightly matchy matchy esque post :eek: but since thermatex rugs aren't cheap to make a colour clash mistake on I thought I would ask for advice on here!

I have just become the proud owner of a beautiful dark bay (pretty much black) mare and am trying to sort out a lighter travel rug for her ready for the coming event season (as testament to my unwavering belief that the weather will get better ;)) as she has a thick newmarket fleece for winter. I have been looking at the thermatex knitted summer horse rugs, however I can't find any pictures of horses in colours other than navy, black or green and I am struggling to imagine what other colours such as lilac, cerise, or denim blue etc would look like on her.

So if anyone has any pictures of their horses in the less conventional thermatex colours and doesn't mind showing their beautiful bobbos off :D I would be grateful if you could post them.

Alternatively I would look at other lightish weight travel rugs made by other companies that you can personalise in your own colours if anyone has any suggestions? :)

Vickijay

Visit site
Cerise...

EF4475E0-2859-4855-A5CB-8A492358DF34-1533-000000D482C72373.jpg

It is very very very pink!!

Ilovefoals

Visit site
I have a Weatherbeeta Thermacell for my boy. It's boring navy though. Not sure what other colours it comes in. You could Google though? Comfort Zone do a few colours I think but Thermatex seem to have the funkiest colours.

Firewell

Visit site
The only thing with thermatex rugs is they are gorgeous I wouldnt be without one BUT they are warm. I only use mine to travel in during the coldest weather as the horses get too hot otherwise.
I dont use mine at all between march and nov. Only in the stable sometimes.
For a spring summer travel rug id consider something lighter. Bucas do a fab one that's l/w but warm and is perfect for travelling but they don't do it in custom colours :(.
If I was you id get a thermatex anyway
;) but you'll need something else for travelling in the warmer weather Imo.

becca1305

Visit site
Sorry Firewell, just to check do you find the knitted summer rugs warm too? or just the standard model? I have a beautiful snood style thermatex for my other mare that is brown with pink binding which I love they are such nice rugs!