Travel time to yard?

BBs

Visit site
Takes me 10-15 minutes in the morning to get to the yard - thats 7 miles away. In an evening or at lunchtime sat/sun it can take up to 30 minutes to get home
frown.gif

But my work is only 3 minutes away from the yard - so cant complain and nip back in lunch to do things if need be
smile.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
Mine are 15 miles away and takes me between 25 and 45 mins - average is about 30 though.

I don't do mornings and Wednesdays and Fridays they are on full livery.

I do miss not just popping up to see them which I could do when I was 5 minutes away just to say hello.

OH and are now planning to move out of London nearer to where they are - more of a commute for work, but no less travelling overall.

I could keep them nearer, but where they are they are very happy and the places closer to London have very limited/no turnout which I personally don't want for our boys.

samp

Visit site
I am lucky in that I have stayed at my yard for the closeness - 1 mile away, can drive, cycle or walk all within 10mins. I have considered moving but don't fancy 1hr round trip!

Rambo

Visit site
I live about 20 minutes from the yard, but the yard is only 5 minutes on beyond the station, and as I go to the station every weekday to go to work, I go on to the yard on the way home. Therefore I only travel the full 20 minutes to they yard specifically at weekends. It's no bother though as it's the best yard by miles and has all the facilities I require
smile.gif

Bright_Spark

Visit site
It takes me about 15 minutes to get to the yard as my partner drops me off, then I have an hour walk back.

It's ok as long as it is not raining, or people protesting near the atomic weapons place nearby!

Taboo1968

Visit site
Currently travelling time for me is 5-7 mins, but I used to live 12 miles away before and it was about 20-30 mins then.....
Would travel no further than 30mins no matter how good facilities were!

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
Anywhere between 20mins (if i drive too fast & all the roadworks are on green!) to 40mins + if the lights are red, i get stuck behind lorries/buses/tractors

the only reason they are there is its my mums & i moved 20miles away (& can't afford to move them!) TBH i have to drive that way to work anyway, & it means i can get a lift into work with my mum and therefore can't get told off for being late (ha ha!!)

in an ideal world they'd be in the garden, but atm we have enough space for a very small permently dieting shetland!!

Enfys

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Nic i can beat you 6, 3 if i run!

How are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, absolute BLISS! Worth the 3,500 mile move. Old yard was 10 minute walk, but not nice with small child in tow in bad weather. I seriously admire those of you who travel long distances.

Preston370harley-11.jpg

SarahRoads

Visit site
My daughter and I are sharers, we live about 16 miles from the yard and during the week, I come home from work, collect and drop off one child at home, change while there, collect daughter from school across town, drive to yard while she's changing into kit in car, sometimes it can take 40/50 mins or more before I even get to see the nag! We spend more time travelling than with our bestest four legged friend on week nights....roll on summer/light evenings. If I possibly could I would defo move closer, but having a non horsey other half, kids schools and my work to consider...everything is at opposite points of the compass. But I wouldnt now part with Whisper for the world...

teapot

Visit site
Baron was kept at owners house and used to take 20mins by bus to get to

Other yard can take anything from 20mins to an 1hr in car. About 1hr on bus then 10min walk

mangobiscuit

Visit site
My horse is fed am/pm and turned out and brought in - i have to muck out/do bringing in hay which is tres handy! It's only 12 miles from my home but we all know what traffic across London is like!
crazy.gif

I feel a bit like I've neglected my darling boy recently - just been so busy with my daughter and college and stuff - i havent ridden him for about 10 days! (also due to the saddler taking my saddle away for a while) So I went up bearing carrots, parsipms and apples and I think i'm forgiven.

Heck, who am I kidding - I think he's quite happy eating all day! I reckon he thinks he's been retired - little does he know........
smirk.gif