traveling protection

Best Turned Out

• Total voters

sloulou

Azerbaijan (or London and Suffolk - maybe...)
Visit site
sometimes rug - sometimes not.. depends on the weather
grin.gif

boots and a tail bandage normally

carmenlucy123

Visit site
yeah!

i only put a rug on in winter because she's clipped.
(and i only put brushing boots on because i only go out for some xc.)

i feel like i should conform and have t.boots on then i think nah... lol

i do need a tail bandage though as she stands right far back and it rubs.

just thought id see what every one else does

catherine22

Visit site
travel boots, tail guard abd rug if necessary. i will never travel my horse with out travel boots even tho he travels really well i once unloaded him and he had destroyed (straight through padding and everything) one of his hind boots. luckily he only had a few grazes on his leg but its keeps coming to me how bad it could have been

carmenlucy123

Visit site
hmmm i should have added nothing as a final tick shouldn't i!

to be honest i didnt expect anyone to say nothing! not on H&H forum, i expected a telling off for not having a pair already lol you have proved me wrong!

zoesophie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Travel boots and tail bandage, no rug if its in the summer

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, only rug him when hes clipped. Also, I would use a poll guard but haven't got one yet (hes 17.1 and I worry he may clonk his head!)

miller

Visit site
Travel boots, over reach boots, rug (dependant on weather what I use), tail bandage, tail guard, roller (just in case). No poll guard as never hada problem with height

happihorse

Visit site
When travelling my horse, he wears:
- fleece rug on cooler summer days but if very hot then no rug (unless just been washed down) and thermatex on winter days
- travel boots (I have heard of / seen many incidents where horses have been in horrific accidents and the travel boots that they have been wearing have been ripped to shreds but their legs are not / only very slightly injured, and I hate to take any risks with my boy.)
- poll guard (because he used to rush out of the trailer and whack his head of the roof)
- tail bandage with tail guard over the top (tail bandage stops guard slipping and guard stops him rubbing his tail)
Yes, I know I am way OTT!
shocked.gif

ihatework

Visit site
The young horse wears nothing.
My older horse wears boots and if it's cold will wear a rug. Never wears a poll guard and only wears a tail bandage if I am doing a dressage test.

Stella

Visit site
A tail guard and a rug if needed. I stopped using travel boots 3 years ago when my mare became afflicted with severe, chronic, recurrant lymphangitis. My vet said that I should avoid boots and bandages due to the risk of the effected leg becoming warm. Touch wood, I have never had a problem.

Since I stopped using boots, there has been an incident on my yard of a horse somehow getting a travel boot caught on the panel in the lorry. It panicked and the result was it lost most a hoof
shocked.gif
Given that, and that 'they' say that horses have better balance without travel boots, I may not go back to using them whether the horse in question has a 'gammy' leg or not!