Travelling Horses In a Lorry

MorganAN00

Visit site
We recently upgraded from a lorry to a trailer to make travelling long distances better for the horses and to also be able to carry a third. However we have found that one of our ponies will try and climb onto the tack lockers if loaded first. She is fine whilst travelling and if loaded second or third and used to try and do a similar thing with the breast bar in our trailer. Anyway i was basically wondering after seeing a video on facebook this morning of horses unloading from a lorry where one had travelled facing to the left (so bum to the tack lockers) and i was wondering whether this is safe? Shes a tiny little 11.2. TIA

northernnewfiediva

Visit site
My large DWB mare 17.hh always travels the other way. I don't think she likes the headguards, feels they are restrictive maybe? - I don't care, she travels perfectly well that way and is very very difficult to load the other way..... No tack lockers in my lorry

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
We recently upgraded from a lorry to a trailer to make travelling long distances better for the horses and to also be able to carry a third. However we have found that one of our ponies will try and climb onto the tack lockers if loaded first. She is fine whilst travelling and if loaded second or third and used to try and do a similar thing with the breast bar in our trailer. Anyway i was basically wondering after seeing a video on facebook this morning of horses unloading from a lorry where one had travelled facing to the left (so bum to the tack lockers) and i was wondering whether this is safe? Shes a tiny little 11.2. TIA

Sorry I am confused, you upgraded from a lorry to a trailer and want to put a third horse in a trailer??? Or do you mean you upgraded from a trailer to horsebox?

Jane_Lou

Visit site
I always travel my 11.2 facing the other way. My lorry doesn't have tack lockers so she ducks under the partitions at the front - when she is facing the other way she is fine.