Travelling to the sunshine tour

liannexsx

Visit site
Hi
I'm looking for tips. I'm going to try to fly over to the sunshine tour for a couple of days next week. Seems to be a nightmare getting flights though. Has anyone did this? Where did you fly in to and stay etc?

sport horse

Visit site
Fly into Gibralter (nearest but not always easiest) or Malaga and hire car. Show hotel is Hotel Conil in Conil de la Fontera about 20 mins from showground but very good prices for standard of hotel for show visitors.

j1ffy

Visit site
I have horses and friends in the local town so I know the area well. As well as Gib (just over an hour) and Malaga (around 2.5 hours) you can also fly into Seville (about two hours drive).

The nearest town is Vejer de la Frontera, which is slightly inland. It's a gorgeous white town on a hill with windy cobbled streets and the restaurant scene is picking up hugely. It's becoming a preferred spot for celebs too - George Clooney and Jude Law have been spotted there and Paul Weller has a house nearby! I like La Botica hotel - very simple but clean and amazing views. If you want to splash out, Casa La Siesta in the nearby hills is stunning (I had my wedding reception there!).

I find Conil a bit bland compared to Vejer however it is right on the beach and has some good seafood restaurants.