Travelling- with or without boots?

Teeni

Visit site
If you ask the transporters that do travelling horses day in day out as their job they won't allow boots etc as they cause more problems than they are worth.
Generally if i'm not going far i don't put anything on the legs, if i'm showing then i'll put stable bandages on to keep her hind white markings white.

Sparkles

Visit site
Personally, nothing most the time. But most of mine are good as gold to travel and not likely to knock themselves up.

The TB falls asleep and is covered enough splints and marks anyway [Ha. :eek: ]

The cob baby is hairy....enough said.

The Welsh. Oh, the welsh. She throws herself round up and down like a demented rag doll. So she is bandaged up to the eyeballs. [And would be muzzled hobbled and drugged out of sanity lol!!! Jokes. Sort of. Last I saw of her was trying to chew her way out of the small top windows of a 7.5tn lorry! ]

Thai

Visit site
all depends on the horse. We travelled my daughters first 2 ponies with boots on as they are quicker and easier than bandaging. But my daughters new pony is a nightmare and we are still trying to work out how to travel her without her going down!!! so wouldnt put boots on her!!

Littlelegs

Visit site
I put boots on mine for shorter journeys cos its easier to pull them off, but she travels very well. Otherwise bandages, but will do it without if they're not completely used to wearing bandages.