Treating thrush? (also in vet)

Dizzyblonde99

Visit site
Does anyone know an effective method for treating thrush? Or should I just ring the farrier?

My friends 20 yr welsh mountain has developed a very smelly black frog, (only in his near side four atm) , and I think it is thrush. I wasn't that sure so the last two days I've soaked it in hibiscrub and salt then let it dry and purple sprayed it. I don't think this has had any effect. He is turned out in a fairly muddy field 24/7, should he be stabled for a short while or changed to a less muddy field?

Just like to point out I don most of the caring for this pony as his owners arent around much, and I feel terrible that I hadn't bought him in and groomed him in so long so hadn't noticed this. Please don't critise me for this, I have a handfull of a horse to look after that is my own.

Any advice much appreciated, thank you!

Bettyboo222

Visit site
I am currently treating my old one for this.

Make sure he is in on a dry bed,

Mine had it really bad so I hot polticed with animalintex for two days until there was no more pus, then I have been scrubbing with hibi-srub and a toothbrush to get it into the cracks. Then drying completly, just make sure he isn't anywhere wet.

SplashofSoy

Visit site
Hydrogen peroxide, cheap and very effective. I would scrub foot clean with salt water and dry then apply hydrogen peroxide, if yoou can do this every day it should clear up in no time