TREC?

Twiglet

Visit site
Does anyone on here do TREC? Have always fancied giving it a go, and saw a demo yesterday that was really good.

Unfortunately there never appears to be any anywhere near my area
frown.gif

TrecPeter

www.alwena.com
Hi there 2310,

Yes, I've been doing quite a lot of TREC for the last few years. It can get quite addictive, so watch out
smile.gif

The nice part is that you have a whole day to show what you and your horse can do rather then just a few minutes as in SJ.

Unfortunately, I'm not really in your area.... (at alll !!!)

Twiglet

Visit site
Oh don't, you're all making me jealous!

I've got a TB x Trak and he's really just a big overgrown pony, so I'm sure with a bit of practise he's going to love TREC - if we ever find an event within an hour's drive!

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
Did my first one in july after being cajoled into it - and loved it!
I thought i'd find it demoralising as on first impression when looking at the obstacle list it was just a case of nope, nope, nope.....and thought i was just going out on the PTV to make a fool of myself. We actually came in with several 10's, with pony putting in a better performance than alot of the 'treccers'! It was a definite 'feel good' moment, never thought pony would stand motionless for 10secs after being pulled up from a quick 2mile course.
The CoP we realy did make fools of ourselves and scored nothing, and the POR was fabulous with anamazing route, slightly spoiled by the terrific thunder/lightening and torrential rain that was with us for over 3hours!
Definitely recommend, me and pony are much closer since doing it and i've found practising some of the obstacles at hme really helps her to calm down and engage her brain before starting more normal work.
Some pics to whet your appetite (and to please peter, i keep meaning to scan in my POR route for you)

[image]
Trec-PTVcanter.jpg
[/image]

Trec-immobility.jpg

Trec-ledstep.jpg

OWLIE185

Visit site
If there is not one in your area then why not put one on or ask your local BHS/Riding Club group to put one on.

If you need an organisers pack then contact the BHS who will be only to pleased to send you one.

Twiglet

Visit site
I didn't really want to go down the route of putting one on, because I have no experience of them myself so wouldn't have a clue where to start!

I was hoping that the East Anglian group would put one on in the area but I haven't seen one advertised in the past.

I've sent an email to the BHS, hopefully they'll have some advice to offer.

Can anyone offer any advice on practising at home too? Things like spacings for the S bend, and other obstacles i could mock up with jump poles and normal yard paraphanalia? Have fab hacking nearby so already practise a few things when they occur naturally!

Twiglet

Visit site
Thanks Jinglejoys - posted on the TREC forum, but judging by some of the replies, it's not frequented as often as this wonderful place
smile.gif

lisan

pets.webshots.com
I did my first indoor Winter one on Sunday last week! There is a post in comp riders with the video if you want to get an idea. My mare is a SJ and has never done anything like that before, but we really enjoyed it! Am definitely going to do more.

the watcher

Visit site
the BHS are running the Kelly Marks TREC winter series this winter, so worth digging around their website or calling your local county committee to see what they are doing...I know they published a series of dates and venues in the BHS Horse magazine.