Tree less Saddle Fitter needed - Yorks

Smurf's Gran

Visit site
Hello, can anyone help? We have been struggling with a Barefoot Cherokee for a couple of months now. We've played around with shims, and have bought a very expensive physio pad (as recommended by Barefoot), but the size one saddle seems to sit very high on our pony's back, and it also shifts quite a lot to the left.
We could really do with some help - I have googled everything there is to see on google on tree less saddle fitting, but what I would really like is someone with a lot of experience who could come and advise.

Is anyone aware of a tree less fitter in Yorks ?

Thanks

Kat

Visit site
I don't know whether the fitter who fitted my treeless fits all brands, I suspect it is probably just solutions. Can't the manufacturer recommend anyone?

Smurf's Gran

Visit site
I don't know whether the fitter who fitted my treeless fits all brands, I suspect it is probably just solutions. Can't the manufacturer recommend anyone?

Hi Thanks for replying. I bought from Ebay, and then got all the extra's from Horse and harmony - who seem quite poor at communicating, but will ask them.

BayLady

Visit site
As far as I know there isn't anyone. I've used treeless saddles on and off for about 10 years and the only fitter that ever came out was Goldfinch, who originally sold the Fitform and then Freeform. The SBS and FlexEE I fitted myself.

I wasn't a fan of the physio pads that come with Barefoot saddles (I didn't like the Barefoot I tried either to be honest). They are very big and bulky and will lift you off the horses back just because of this. There are others you could try. I like the Horsedream treeless numnah (sheepskin) with a Heather Moffat Backsaver pad if extra help is needed. Equitex are also very good, as is the Nuumed numnah that allows you to alter fit via padding in pockts (I can't remember it's correct name, sorry!).

Is the saddle slipping left with or without a rider on board? Is the horses back level on each side of the wither or do you have one side with more muscle than the other? All these things can alter the fit.