Treeless saddle recommendations for jumping

rachelandholly

Visit site
Hi all!

I have recently tried riding my horse in a treeless saddle. It's a very basic saddle which I borrowed just to get a feel of it and see how Holly went and have to say I was quite impressed with the difference. I have now decided to try to find a treeless to buy but am struggling to find one which is suitable for jumping and also at an affordable/budget price. Does anybody have any recommendations??

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Jess66

Visit site
i have a freeform which is very good i school and jump in it and it has a twist in it so feels very similar to treed saddle (except wayy comfier!) i may be selling it as thinkin of getting the new HM one. its 17.5 seat if interested

Piglet

Visit site
http://www.enlightenedequitation.com/flexee_intro.htm Heather is bringing out a new synthetic 'soft tree' saddle later this year, and is doing a GP model which might work? She also does the 'Vogue GPT' which I have heard is good for jumping (I plan to buy one secondhand when I can afford!)

Absolutely agree, they are fab saddles, I have a Phoenix (several years old) which I jump in, if you have a look on the web site, I think there is a much more forward cut version than a GP on display. Even if you don't buy the saddle, it is a fasinating site to visit, I have Heather coming out to fit the FlexEE for me in a couple of weeks time and providing I can sell my Phoenix, I am going to be greedy and treat myself to a GP and Dressage. :eek: :eek:

Sol

Visit site
I have a solutions GP - they are the only treeless i would ride in now and the only ones allowed for affiliated competition.QUOTE]

This surely can't be true - I believe (although I may be wrong, as I haven't read it for a while!) that ANY treeless saddle is allowed for dressage anyway, AS LONG AS it resembles a standard english saddle?

'Saddles must be worn and be of English or Continental style and must be brown, black, grey or navy.
Side saddles and treeless saddles are permitted'

From BD rule book.

Bloody good job as I plan to use my Fhoenix for aff. dressage when I can afford to! :)

Chellebean

chellebeanequestrian.com
I have a solutions GP - they are the only treeless i would ride in now and the only ones allowed for affiliated competition.
Every horse i have used one on has gone brilliantly.
They are expensive new but you can often pick one up on eBay once you know your size :)
http://www.solution-saddles.co.uk/sssaddlesmart.html

I want a solution! My lad is amazingly different in one of these and I was so so suprised the difference one of these saddles made to my gelding! I am now about to sell what I can (unfortunately body didnt make enough) to raise enough money to buy one :D

forestfantasy

Visit site
Sorry - I don't know about treeless in dressage but for jumping (which the OP asked about) & eventing (affiliated) I'm pretty sure only solutions are the only permitted treeless saddles :)

GinaGeo

Visit site
For jumping and eventing the Solution Saddles are the only treeless saddles allowed for affiliated competition. I jump and hunt in my GP Solution saddle with no problems at all. I do use a breastplate, but then I'd use a breastplate with a treed saddle too just in case! Never had problems woth slipping either. You can get them cheaper of ebay, but would advise having a fitter out to check the fit and teach you how to adjust the padding suitably yourself.

rachelandholly

Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies. All very helpful! I will have a look through the links and see what there is. It's nice to know from people who use them to give a true opinion! Thanks again!