treeless saddles??

gladelpone

Visit site
I am very interested in Treeless as I ride bare back at the moment. I will try a Heather Moffat as I rode in one of her older models a couple of years ago and my horse went beautifully. I have tried a Torsion and wasnt keen. Enlightened Equitation is the Heather Moffat site if you want to have a look
smile.gif

fizzer

Visit site
a few girls i know have bought various models of treeless, they are all quite happy with them except one girl who has problems with it slipping, i have heard this alot about them

Rupert2006

Visit site
I have a barefoot cheyenne and I love it - it doesn't slip and is very comfy. I feel much closer to the horse as oppose to being perched on top. you can find out more about them on the Horse and Harmony website

Chex

Visit site
I have a barefoot too. You can get all kinds, some for dressage, others for jumping. There is a weght limit for some, but its hiogher than 11stone

Coffee_Bean

www.horseandhound.co.uk
I've got one and I'm about to sell it in a week or two, its comfy and will fit any horse you put it on, it will probably be going on ebay. I've seen the slogan- you wouldnt wear wooden shoes- for one make so if you have a horse that is difficult to find a saddle for, i would suggest a treeless.

jojoebony

Visit site
I had the torsion GP and a freeform.
The torsion was great for fast work and jumping.
The freeform (with adjustable stirrup bars) was fantastic for flatwork and hacking, this really improved my position and my confidence as I wasn't worried about the saddle slipping, it also made the pony feel less wide and helped with pains in my hip which I got with the torsion. I did have to use a suberpad with mine though to lift the front section up (despite pony not having any wither, otherwise it would not have fit her.
I had both for a very wide witherless pony because I couldn't find a saddle to fit. Although I'm a big fan I've still gone back to a treed saddle with my easy to fit TB.
I'd try as many as possible as there is such a huge difference in designs and get a professional to fit it although each saddle will fit a variety of horses, it's usually dependent on the pads that are used with them.
Jo