treeless to try or not to try

spaniel

Visit site
Hearing more and more from people who have bought them, liked them initially then seem to sell them on.

Ok if they really ARE what you need but getting a bit like a fashion item IMO.

savanna

New User
Visit site
i think like any saddle on the market today you need to make certain they fit properly, treeless are good especially for the pony that is always changing shape, it saves having two or three saddles to keep changing throughout the year. i do however think we do get dragged into the : new trend situation: i personally would just do my research first and ask opinions

Vey

Visit site
Well, I've ridden in a treeless for some time. At first in a treeless on daughter's pony and the same saddle on one of mine, but a treed on another, then sold the treed (pony changed shape) and in a treeless for the last three years - and I can't imagine going back. I've been in a Fitform, and a Cheyenne, and currently have a Bora - which I got simply because it was second hand and going very cheap. I love it to bits, but it does not look as good as a Barefoot or Torsion.

I've not tried the mondial or the Heather Moffat - though when I move, and have some money for things not to mention some time (!) I hope to get a HM for showing and occasions when I need to look respectable. They work on a rather different principle, and I have to say that I did not get on with a Cashel which I got second hand as a back up saddle. I felt I was so far off the horse's back I was really perched and it made me ride longer than I like to.

But as I say, I love mine! I find that my and large they suite people who like riding bareback, and flexible people. If you find a big twist or big knee rolls essential you may not like them so much.

I love being able to feel the pony under me, I love the additional security I get.

TLL67

Visit site
I have a Cheyenne and I love it, my ned moves much more freely in it than he ever did in a treed saddle.
I had mine fitted by a lady from Better Saddles, and for the life of me I can't remember her name lol.

They aren't everyones cup of tea but as above I love mine also :)

charlottenicol

www.allt-na-craig.co.uk
I have a cheyenne and would really like to London that Barefoot are now doing, really comfy and have no probs wether jumping, schooling or just hacking, give it a go
laugh.gif