Trekking/riding in perth

FREESTYLER

Visit site
Hi, hope someone can help, we are travelling down from Stonehaven and stopping near Perth or Dundee not set in stone yet and wonder if anyone knows of a good trekking or horse riding place to visit?

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Not riding but if you fancy something a bit different, Bandirran Clydesdales used to do guided tours and carriage rides. They are West of Perth, on the road to Crieff.

LeneHorse

Visit site
We had a good hack at Crieff hydro but that was quite a few years ago and I don't know what they are like nowadays. Worth a Google anyway.

Goldie's mum

Visit site
We had a good hack at Crieff hydro but that was quite a few years ago and I don't know what they are like nowadays. Worth a Google anyway.
I've ridden at the Hydro quite a few time before Covid -I went to courses/work meetings & stayed on after. Not been for 3 years as retired now.
I found them a bit patchy. I had lovely rides at quiet times of year. The staff were always lovely & they seem to have a good selection of horses. The horses are schooled/ridden by staff periodically so are not just robots. However when they were busy I got lumped together with other riders of varying ability & there isn't any provision for the group to split so you all end up going at the speed of the slowest. They only do one hour rides.