Trent Valley Equestrian Centre..................

Heidi1

Visit site
Planning on going to the Indoor X-Country, never competed at this place, so can anybody tell me what it is like, is it an indoor warm up or not, is it easy to get to and is there plenty of parking, taking mum with me so the other question is will she be able to get a cup of tea and stay dry if it decides to snow as they keep saying we may get........
shocked.gif
tongue.gif
Thankies and sorry for all the questions....

ponymum

Visit site
Trent Valley is a nice, friendly centre. It's an outdoor warm up but the cafe is indoors at the side of the arena, not enclosed like Vale View, but there are patio heaters so your mum won't get too cold. Tell her the hot roast pork rolls are delicious! It's fairly easy to find, depending on which direction you're coming from. follow the signs for horseboxes for Southwell Racecourse. TVEC is on the road up to the Racecourse stables. Good luck! P.S. It does usually get quite busy but there is plenty of parking.
Should perhaps say that the going can get a bit deep in the corners after a few horses have been round.

HairyHatMan

Visit site
Hi, I've only been there once (for the SJ)and was rather put off by the hectic outdoor warm-up, very badly built SJ course, and not the nicest surface. Not somewhere I'd hurry back to I'm afraid!

The food is excellent though
grin.gif

icestationzebra

Visit site
Heidi I'm with HHM I'm afraid. I have been but they changed the schedule without tellng anyone and so I missed the classes I wanted to do. The outdoor warm up looked tight and was hectic - the surface in the indoor didn't look great so I have never ventured back. Guess we are spoilt for choice with both Arena and Vale View so close. Elms Farm run a lot too - they are very friendly and lots of space there...... Good luck with whatever you decide to do
grin.gif

ponymum

Visit site
How long ago did you go? Only asking as when they first opened the new arena, the warm up was tiny and only room for six at a time (ang that was tight). However they have now built a larger warm up ring and the old warm up is just a collecting ring so it is loads better. The going took a while to settle and it does still get deep in the corners but I've ridden a lot worse. The arena itself is bigger than Vale View so handy if your horse finds VV a bit tight. Obviously not up to Arena UK levels but not many places are.
http://www.tvequestrian.co.uk/Facilities/NewArena/tabid/74/Default.aspx

Heidi1

Visit site
Going on Sunday honey, come and see us, will text you to let you know we are definately going. You could bring Gala for a play in the smaller class........

Heidi1

Visit site
ISZ - I'm going to have a run out on Saturday and have a look at the place, rather concerned about the heavy going as am considering doing the 4th and 5th classes. Agree we are definately spoilt with VV and Arena.......... Might give Elms Farm a try, just a pain for us to get to as we have to come from Langley Mill/Heanor area.......... Thank you....

icestationzebra

Visit site
Ah ok - I went when the warm up was tiny and it was full of galloping ponies!! Thanks for the link - your right, it looks so much better now. Appreciate they have worked hard to build a decent facility and I applaud them for that.

icestationzebra

Visit site
Heidi - see Ponymums link below - I seem to have gone when the warm up was very small and it seems a lot bigger/better now.
Have a great time - and let us know how you get on - but also what you think of the venue
grin.gif

Jazzy9

New User
Visit site
Hi, you've been asking about Trent Valley Equestrian Centre, all I can say is that its amazing!! I love it there! The warm up ring can be cramped at times, but that is only because Trent Valley is so popular! And the indoor arena is really big and great!

tinap

Visit site
We went a few weeks ago & I must say we won't be going again! The place & staff are lovely, the outdoor wasn't bad but the surface inside was ridiculously deep. Pony could barely move in it!
When only 5 go clear in a class of 50ish, think that tells you something!!