Trent Valley Show Cross report! (1st one so bear with me!!)

aidybex

Visit site
Well - I went to a cross country training session a few weeks ago and decided to use this to take to a competition. Trent Valley have a show where you jump a round of showjumps then a cross country course. Well I decided to stick with 75cm (not big I know compared to you professionals), we went into the showjumping and she ran out at no 2, pulled me round, I then had to circle for no 6 but after that it seemed to string together and we finished the course well. Unfortunately those gained me 20 penalty points. Then off round the xc course which I felt was big when I walked it, but she absolutely flew everything and didn't really back off anything. Was a scary moment when I came over a tyre fence and noticed a big hole in the ground, but so did she and avoided it. I did point it out to the fence steward so no one else dropped a foot in it.

I was totally buzzing afterwards and so pleased for my first cross country event. Right now need to work on my dressage and get to a ODE later this year!!

All in all a fabulous day - bit of show jumping practice needed, but XC was my main concern but that proved to be the easy part!!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Very well done you and ned
grin.gif