Tribute to Finn, RIP

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I've been wanting to make a video for my boy, but couldn't bring myself to look at all of the photos and videos. I'm starting to accept it a bit more now, so put this 5 minute video together to remember the good times. Just felt like sharing, he was such a wonderful horse who loved to be admired. I will miss him everyday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH7MMhrpgP8

Archangel

Visit site
What a wonderful horse, one in a million and an amazing combination of horse and rider.

So many wonderful images there but my favourite is the one jumping into the water.

I'm sorry for your loss of Finn and Summer too.

silv

Visit site
What a terrible shame, I am not surprised you are devastated. He was a cracking horse who obviously loved his xcountry. He will be be a very hard act to follow.

Nici

Visit site
That's a wonderful tribute to your dear horse. May he rest in peace in horsey heaven. :heart:
How old was your boy?

Last edited:

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Thank you for all of the lovely comments, it means a lot and it's been a horrendous few weeks. He was outstanding; a tricky ride at times! But such a legend, he would jump anything and had the strangest, lovable character, a real soft and gentle boy with a big rebel streak.

I bought him as a cheap, skinny and naughty 8yo with no schooling, and he ended up being the most talented chap who everyone came over to admire. The kids would sit on him at the boxing day meet and he stood like a rock. He was super strong but always did as he was told, until late last year when things started going downhill :(

He was only 13, but I like to think he lived life to the full, and had a chance to be the amazing horse he was. He's left a huge space behind. There will never be another one like him that's for sure, such a brilliant oddball :)

Last edited:

SEL

Visit site
Its a fabulous video - makes me want to go out and take more photos of my 2. Just in case.

He did love his jumping didn't he? The headcam shots out hunting are great and there's a photo of you jumping into water that I love.

Keep the good memories close to your heart xx

kamili

Visit site
he seems like he was some horse for one horse.

what a lovely video and full of memories. I'm sure you'll treasure them for the rest of your days. RIP Finn.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I'm really glad of my helmet cam videos, it's hard to watch but lovely to have the memories.He loved his jumping and no fence was too big or scary! He'd jump absolutely anything :) Thanks everyone.