Trouble with Petlog

honetpot

Visit site
Has anyone else had trouble with Petlog. I bought a puppy four weeks ago, trying to do the transfer online, and it would not accept the information.
Phoned them, it has to be entered exactly as entered by the vet, lower and upper case, the vet surgery had entered something slightly, but not much, different.
I got charged £17, for the premium service, because I couldn't complete the form online, and they would not provide the information the vet provided, until the transfer.
Normally I register them myself, its the first time I have bought one pre registered, and I am not very impressed with the service. The first call handler was bordering on rude, the second did not tell how much they were going to charge me, until after they had taken the charge.
So make sure the vet provides the information as they input it to Petlog.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Yes, us, when trying to transfer the registration of our formerly stray cat to us from her previous owners a few weeks ago.

It was impossible to sort out on line, although we know that we were entering all her details correctly. Eventually, and after hanging on waiting for Petlog to answer their help line for nearly an hour in total :rolleyes:, it was sorted.

Petlog had erroneously added an errant extra space at the end of the cat's name, and their database was not clever enough to recognise this. So when we correctly entered the cat's name without a space at the end, Petlog kept telling us that we had the details wrong.

Vets said that Petlog has been a nightmare recently. OH is techie, and he says that any decent database should be able to recognise and ignore errant spaces.

deb_l222

Visit site
In an ideal world, vets should be using barcode scanners to enter this type of information which would result in far fewer errors.

To be fair you can't blame Petlog for a transcription error from your vet. How is an online system supposed to know that the number you're entering is slightly different to the one the vet entered? Data protection would prevent them from releasing any details until registration, so that's also a fair request / reply.

I'll be honest I've always found Petlog really easy and having just registered an overseas chip a few weeks ago, which I thought would be difficult, I was really impressed at how easy it was. I did however have the barcode which probably made all the difference :)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Yes, I had to it on the phone when I transferred ownership of our new dog., as it was impossible on line.

Last edited:

honetpot

Visit site
In an ideal world, vets should be using barcode scanners to enter this type of information which would result in far fewer errors.

To be fair you can't blame Petlog for a transcription error from your vet. How is an online system supposed to know that the number you're entering is slightly different to the one the vet entered? Data protection would prevent them from releasing any details until registration, so that's also a fair request / reply.

I'll be honest I've always found Petlog really easy and having just registered an overseas chip a few weeks ago, which I thought would be difficult, I was really impressed at how easy it was. I did however have the barcode which probably made all the difference :)

That would be a fair comment if in any part of the process they had said either on the website, or on the phone, that the details had to match exactly the details entered by the vet, and contact your chipping vet for advice.
Also, I am not sure charging you a fee, I had to ask what I had been charged after my card had been debited, is legal without your consent.
I was all so on hold for at least 30mins, hence why I did not want to pay for a premium service, if I had been able to complete the form online I would have paid for a basic service.
The puppy was recorded as, Light Blue, not Light blue. I am not blaming a vet when they have a litter of puppies to chip, and vaccinate in a busy surgery, as it is, there is a waiting list in our area for none urgent appointments

honetpot

Visit site
They rang me back! It's the new website, so if it will not recognise case sensitive or gaps information you can have the basic service, so I will get some money back.

bonny

Visit site
They rang me back! It's the new website, so if it will not recognise case sensitive or gaps information you can have the basic service, so I will get some money back.
Does the name matter ? Lots of people probably change it anyway so surely they just go with the barcode. I’ve just registered my pup with animal tracker, his breeder had him chipped but didn’t register his details. It was very easy to do on line.

honetpot

Visit site
It's now part of the security check when you transfer ownership, the information has to match what the breeder/vet put in to their system exactly.
If the breeder has and a breeder account, they can apparently send you the information by email, with all the information as entered.
The person who rang me sounded a bit fed up, so I can not be the only one.