TRUSTED saddler in Norfolk

Shabby_Chic

Visit site
Evening lovely people (and the not so lovely - I'm not one for generalising ;))

SOOOOO, query of the day: Trusted saddler in Norfolk please! Have decided after trying the 7th saddle from friends today that it's be quicker for me to just get somebody out with a truck load of saddles.

All you lovelies who reply saying *google search it*, thanks for the suggestion - I already have! :) Really looking for somebody with personal experience of a saddler who didn't charge the earth or try force saddles on you you weren't 100% on, has a good variety of saddles to try and who can actually fit a saddle! Might seem pedantic to be asking here but have just recently had experience of an acquaintance (I taught the children to ride) who had a saddler out to fit the kids new horse and saddler sold him full sized bridle and narrow old fashioned saddle: Horse actually needed pony size bridle and M saddle with thick padding on cantle end!!!! He called me in to help after they'd had it 3 months and horse had gone from happy go lucky spirited chappy to unrideable monster the kids were terrified of - culprit: painfully awful fitted tack! (Bloomin cretin charged a small fortune for the pleasure of badly fitted tack too!!)

tibby

Visit site
I use Bob from Juddpurs in Halesworth, if you tell them when you book that you have limited budget he will know what saddles to bring out. I have never been talked into spending more than I could afford and he is very thorough in his fitting, I cannot recommend him highly enough.

ljm

Visit site
I will only ever use Liz from Mill Saddlery, Stowupland. She will travel, and is fantastic. Will not write on here what I wish to regarding some!L

monikirk

Visit site
Bob Judd also fitted my tricky large shouldered friesian - first saddle he fitted I didn't get on with and he came back with no worries and started again!
He turns up with about 100 saddles in his van. Just let him know the type you're looking for!
I got a black 18" Barnsby in super condition for £500 with girth.

For any repairs I use George Murray in Norwich.