Trying out share horsey tonight

Rana

Visit site
As above, I'm trying out a horse to share this evening. I know her and her owner well, as they're on the same yard as my retired mare.

Horsey is lovely - right height and build for me (I don't think I'll squash her lol) and a proper confidence giver.

Owner is lovely too - we've been friends pretty much since I moved there over a year ago. We think the same way about a lot of things.

So WHY am I irrationally nervous? I know the horse is safe, and I'm sure I'll be able to ride her. I know the owner won't shout at me and tell me I'm too crap to ride her horse. Owner knows I'm nervous, so she's not going to tell me to gallop off across the field.

What's wrong with me???

UKa

community.webshots.com
Ah, don't worry too much. It is probably BECAUSE you know the owner so well tbough that you are nervous although there is no reason to be! Enjoy and just honestly assess whether it is the horse for you while you are trying the main thing is that you and horse get on and nobody can predict that before the first ride
smile.gif

Goya

Visit site
Even though you are friends, still get everything in writing.e.g. how much you pay,what you pay for,when you can ride,what duties you are responsible for. what about vet bills (are they shared or is one of you responsible). I'm sure there is lots more but this should get you thinking. Both sign and both have a copy.
I shared a pony years ago with a friend and it turned difficult after a while.
I don't want to put you off but please go in with your eyes open as they say.

Rana

Visit site
Thanks everyone
smile.gif

I think I am more nervous because owner is a friend, and it's at my yard (I just know everyone will be watching, as they've never seen me ride before
frown.gif
) Easier if it's somewhere else and you can just walk away if it goes badly.

Good point about getting everything in writing, definitely worth doing!