Trying to find out the history of my gelding

Pinokioputhzy

Visit site
His microchip is placed in the Netherlands (someone on a Dutch horseforum helps me to find out) she said to me that there is no change that there is a second chip. (But I will check again ofcourse)
Pino is imported by Han Post, someone who import a lot of horses out of Ireland and the UK, probably from a dealer there.

she also told me that the horses are trotters, toroughbreds or toroughbred crossbreeds. Most of them where used for racing in harnass (trotters ofcourse) and flat racing

Violet

Visit site
This is probably NOT the right horse but the only chestnut male born 2015 with "pino" in its name.
I do not know if this horse has been sold abroad nor if it has a microchip.
Sampino.jpg

Equi

Visit site
If it was registered in Ireland the uk databases may not cover it ? Perhaps an Irish register would be able to help.

Pinokioputhzy

Visit site
The problem is, there is a really big change that Pino has 2 microchips, a dutch one (the one in his passport, and a microchip from ireland (or ik) but a microchipreader cant always find a irish or UK chip
And it is possible that Pinokio/Pino had another name in ireland

Violet

Visit site
"and a microchip from ireland (or ik) but a microchipreader cant always find a irish or UK chip".
That can't be right. If he is only 5 years old his chip should be possible to read from the reader.
Do you know for sure that he has got 2 chips?
If you have both numbers it increases the chances of finding out where he came from.

Leah3horses

Visit site
Hi op, your lovely horse could possibly be an ex polo pony...he is that size,build and the imported ones are from South American lines and he has that distinctive look. Some ex polo ponies have an upper or lower lip tattoo, worth a look. Sometimes also a very small brand next to the tail, easy to miss if not aware. If he was called Pinokio when you got him, that's a polo type name too....the Hurlingham Polo Association is the registry for polo ponies, you could send them the info you have, worth a shot. Good luck.