Trying to get deposit back from unscrupulous horse dealer

Luci07

Visit site
Willow... You really need to read more of the posts on this forum. I can guarantee you will not feel stupid ever again!

smellsofhorse

Visit site
As you pulled out due to your circumstance not fault with horse or dealer I don't think you can claim money back.

They spent time and money on your behalf.

You should have done better research on a company or person you are dealing with unsean in a different location and sending them money!

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Willow

You don't have to delete your account.

Just don't log on for a while.

Then if you feel like getting more information in the future you can log back on without having to create a new account.

kinnygirl1

Visit site
Aw don't leave! We would love to see pics of the new horse when he/she arrives.

Sorry you had a problem with the dealer - A lot of us will have similar stories. Just chalk it up to experience you will know for next time.

will0w

Visit site
I cannot delete my account anyway so I have no choice. As for research I had done a lot, I googled everything and really hunted around, ripoff report and youtube and forums and breeders sites and everything but there was no trace of their deeper history because the dealer had changed all the names and got a new business partner who handled the transactions and such. I only found out because by chance i clicked on a link to an older site and it forwarded it to the dealer's current site. Only the owner of both domains can do a 301 redirect, and so I decided to google about the old site and that is where the trail began and it was pretty incredible. It goes much deeper than where I stopped. I saw enough.

I have lost much more than $750 in my experiences, I am a little strapped for cash with now so that was why I was looking to fight for it, but there is no point so I just fall back on some extra work to make it up and move on.

And I am not a troll, no.

Natch

Visit site
Sorry to hear you have lost money to a dodgy person :( I think you had a lucky escape that you changed your mind :)

jaye1780

Visit site
I cannot delete my account anyway so I have no choice. As for research I had done a lot, I googled everything and really hunted around, ripoff report and youtube and forums and breeders sites and everything but there was no trace of their deeper history because the dealer had changed all the names and got a new business partner who handled the transactions and such. I only found out because by chance i clicked on a link to an older site and it forwarded it to the dealer's current site. Only the owner of both domains can do a 301 redirect, and so I decided to google about the old site and that is where the trail began and it was pretty incredible. It goes much deeper than where I stopped. I saw enough.

I have lost much more than $750 in my experiences, I am a little strapped for cash with now so that was why I was looking to fight for it, but there is no point so I just fall back on some extra work to make it up and move on.

And I am not a troll, no.

Pretty sure I know which dealer you are talking about, sorry you had the misfortune of finding them! It would usually be a goodwill gesture to refund a deposit over here, not sure about the legalities of it but if it is the same dealer I think kick up a lot of fuss about giving them some bad publicity, especially since he is trying to launch this new business and all the bad press they have right now. Never know it may just work :)

will0w

Visit site
Oh I have a well-sized list of links of all the web pages describing where their nasty-smelling trail of destruction was left. But I haven't posted them anywhere. I really don't want things to get ugly and I'm not on a personal vendetta--I've lost way more money in the past {was bilked for 5 figures by scam "programmers" last year who promised me a website for my business and didn't deliver} and sort of accept it as a risk you take when you purchase online and overseas--had I been able to get what I wanted in the borders of my own country I'd have done so.

If I did post them I'd sure save a lot of other people this pain, though. I'm SO glad I cancelled the purchase, who knows what I would've got. Probably not what they were describing to me as what other reason would there be to try and bar me from contacting the horse's current owner? That and finding another horse who appeared to have better conformation AND about 1/4 the cost plus my current money issues cinched it for me. I just don't want to wind up being targeted by seedy dealers who have no compunctions about ruining other people's lives.

But I could slap all those links up really easily and I also know search engine optimisation. It'd be in Google's sights in days or less. But would this amount to extortion? Not that posting a bunch of simple links and quotes would be illegal, but still.

Last edited:

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
Really sorry you've had this to deal with.

Before you write your deposit off though - was there a receipt? If so what were the terms of the deposit?

I must admit that i am thinking that if the dealer proves to be not who they claim to be etc then I am not so sure your deposit is forfeit.

I would follow it up further, it's a lot of money and you've nothing to lose.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I don't think he should be obligated to give you your money back purely because you changed your mind.
Had the horse failed the vetting, that would've been a different matter.

^ this

when you give money as a deposit you should have a receipt and have something in writting that gives you a stand to get back deposit.

He could have turned a lot of people down for this horse thinking it was sold.

Sorry I think you have learnt as lesson here
you cannot delete your account either don't log in again and do not post or ask the mods to delete it.

be a shame though we all might be able to help you in the future on other matters:)

Last edited: