tubi grip on my horse?

Jesstickle

Visit site
Can I? If I taped it on do you reckon it would stay put. Am looking for something with a bit of compression over a knee cap (vet has seen the 'orrible beast so don't worry that I'm being negligent!) as it is stubbornly swollen and I'd like it to go away now!

Otherwise, if anyone knows of a knee boot that offers something similar I'd be interested :)

diamondrockharvey

Visit site
Tubigrip stays on my cob's feathers to keep them out the way of the trimmer!!

tubigrip.jpg

Tinsel Trouble

Grantham (please don't judge me! originally from S
Visit site
I wouldn't tubi-grip a joint for long periods- that could be very painful if it is too tight! I have done this to myself!!

In your position I would go and have a kindly word with your local butcher and ask if he has any netting that you normally get on gammon steaks, or dutyfree wine bottles- that stretchy plastic netting. I would put a gamgee the knee, and wrap an icepack to the joint (the specific leg ice packs) bandage it and then slide the netting over the top of it to keep it all in place!

Or get a bucket of like ice and slap it on and bandage it (brownpaper against the gunk!)

dafthoss

Visit site
I know people who have turned out in tubi grip, not for the same reasons but it was fine for them.

Whats nits done now? Hope shes ok.

Katd66

Visit site
My vet gave me a roll of tubi-grip to use on my horses leg/knee while he was on box rest. He had it on 24/7 for about a week. It was not being used in the same way you are suggesting - i used it to keep a wound clean and still allowing air to get to it.

It did slide down quite often thou!

littlescallywag

Visit site
I've used tubi grip on my horses hocks before, he kept scrapping them so put them on at night to protect the scabs. Just have to be carefull they are too tight.
Hock boots kept falling down :(

Ella19

Visit site
Ask your vet about a pressage bandage, they are designed for horses and joints, totally fab. They are expensive but my vets do a "loan" for a significantly reduced cost.

Jesstickle

Visit site
I think a pressage would be too much. She is a bit of a delicate flower ( in fact a total queen!)

I only wanted something really mild. I might buy a few sizes and try them on and see if any seem loose enough not to chop her leg off overnight!

dh, she is fine. Just being her usual queen like self!

ETS: I shamefully don't know what a spider bandage is. :eek: