Tuesday Showing!

Visit site
Most events happen at the weekends but that is 2 shows I have been to now this year and both on a weekday!

Today was the Scottish Horse Show and we took Dum Dum and his mother Pippa along. This would be Dum Dum's second outing and coincidently to the same venue.

Coming out of the trailer he was much, much better behaved today. He didn't feel the need to scream and shout his head off! He saved that for later... I got them both done up as there was only a class between them and its a long way from the trailer to the ring and headed off with Dum Dum whilst my step dad brought Pippa along shortly after. Well the quietness didn't last ?? every horse or pony came across he roared at. Well no, it's not a roar, it sounded like a cross between a goat and a sheep! His voice must be breaking in puberty ?? he asp decided that jogging sideways was great fun!

We got to the ring with what I thought was 15mins to spare then they announced the judge was having a short lunch and the classes would start 30mins later. Never mind, it's all goof experience for him to hang about, watch the world go by and eat some grass. Time rolls on. Into the ring we go and Dum Dum starts his head tossing. Goodness knows why as he hadn't done it all day! But he managed a respectable walk out. Trot was an explosion of hair! Then he settled and trotted out, then the head went flying and he started cantering, then he settled to trot again etc... you get the picture. He did trot the final side beautifully for 3/4 of it.

So we did our thing, stood up in front of the judge nicely with a 5th leg. Walked out trotted back, explodes, trots and back into line. Dum Dum got a Red rosette for his efforts! Don't get me wrong he is a cracking wee pony and will win plenty enough in his own right when he has company in the class but this was a class of 1 so all he had to do was behave relatively well!

Pippa was 5th in her class, she walks out beautifully with her ears pricked. Trotting again she absolutely flies round the ring but has her ears flat back. No idea why she does this but she always does which drops her a few places. It's not a pretty picture to be honest but hey ho!

Dum Dum did the championship for the experience in with bigger ponies and he didn't get a place which I knew he wouldn't but it is polite to do it and it's good for him. The champion was a stunning shetland Stallion that had come all the way up from Devon so I am guessing he is chasing the Cuddy qualifier. The championship was 3 colts/stallions and 2 mares. Needless to say all 3 boys thought they should show their 5th legs off! It was ridiculous! It was just a willy fest in that ring!

Any who! A couple of pics of Dum Dum which are the best I can get whilst holding onto him!

Screenshot_20210706-164414_Gallery.jpg

I still can't get rid of the last of his winter coat. I might have to singe it off.
Screenshot_20210706-164406_Gallery.jpg

The pair of them standing patiently waiting out of the rain.
Screenshot_20210706-165744_Gallery.jpg

Visit site
Yeah he was the dummy foal born last year at the start of May so he is just a yearling. Only about 37" tall though which is a bit of a bummer! I need him to be at least 2" bigger than that at the moment to make him an open ridden size shetland. But hey ho! Size isn't always everything in the inhand ranks!

Yeomans

Visit site
Gosh he has grown quite a bit, looks lovely and a very cheeky chappie. Remember when you posted when he came into this world, what a transformation in a year. Go Dum Dum.

Asha

Visit site
Love the comment of '' explosion of hair' brilliant. He is so cute, mums a cracker too. I look forward to reading more of your reports. Good luck with the rest of the season

southerncomfort

Visit site
He is gorgeous and sounds like a right character!

I think I need to adopt your air of humour and nonchalance regarding showing. I'm absolutely dreading taking my Fell pony out showing in a couple of weeks!