Turn out in this weather

HenryandPeta

Visit site
My two are out 24/7. They both have good rugs, feed and hay every day and I hear no complaints from them! The only time I would bring them in is if the weather had been wet and freezing for prolonged periods, but actually if they're warm enough and eating enough, I see no reason to bring in at all!

Ingramah

Visit site
Mine are also out 24/7. This includes tbx with rugs on and hay in field and we've had minus figures constantly for about 10 days (live north of the border). Only time any of mine had a problem was last year when my shetland, who has never had a night in a stable in her life, was injured charging around a frozen field like a lunatic. I'm around the yard all the time and it's interesting to see how they adapt to permafrosted ground - most of the time they are very carefully picking their way about so maybe they are brighter than we think.

Visit site
Hey Sammy. The chestnut ponio is out as usual! Hasnt dropped at all this winter which is rather impressive! Having said that, have been gorging her with all kinds of food-not that she's complaining :p

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Keep turning out unless the weather is really awful - like blowing a blizzard

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely! I would never ever turn my horses out in blizzards!
grin.gif

Here's some of my guys last week
tongue.gif

December192008003.jpg

December192008007-1.jpg

And my little babies;

13thMarch2008036.jpg