Turnout boots to stop shoes being pulled off

jenni999

Visit site
My horse has just been fitted with heel wedges under his shoes for navicular issues and I've been told you can get boots which go over the heel to cover the back of the shoe when you turn out. Does anyone know of them? I've seen Acavallo ones but wondering if there are any others out there.

Barefoot is not an option for this horse (just to save anyone bothering to type about that).

Thanks in advance.

Carrottom

Visit site
I have used over reach boots for this, maybe slightly larger than you would use for riding. Or look at shoe secure and see if they might suit, I decided not for me after discussing with my farrier.

jenni999

Visit site
I did find the shoe secure website, thanks. Someone told me you could get boots that went under the heel so helped keep the shoe on, rubber or gel ones. All I have found is acavallo so far.

Follysmum

Visit site
I have the same with one of mine. He has a wedge under his shoe. I use a large overreach boot and it works really well. I do take them off each day to check for rubs. So far so good. He would definitely get the shoe off without them.

jenni999

Visit site
I have the same with one of mine. He has a wedge under his shoe. I use a large overreach boot and it works really well. I do take them off each day to check for rubs. So far so good. He would definitely get the shoe off without them.

I do have over sized rubber Bell boots which hopefully will work....

Lovely jubbly

Visit site
My horse has been fitted with same shoes over reach boots just make sure they are big enough to actually hit the floor otherwise won’t do the job. I have several pairs of turnout boots in different makes but none of them cover the bulbs of the heel to the floor

Northern Hare

Visit site
My old horse had either raised heels or heart bars on his fronts. I tried so many different types of boots to stop him pulling his shoes off, but for him the Horze neoprene bell boots worked really well and put a stop to him losing his shoes and/or boots in the field.

Here's a link so you can see the boots (you can buy them from many tack shops)....

https://www.horze.co.uk/over-reach-...HCoYrPQojIaAkTAEALw_wcB#color=BL?src=google10

Btw, the bright colours are great for spotting the OR boots on the field in the unlikely event that you're horse manages to lose one! ?

jenni999

Visit site
My old horse had either raised heels or heart bars on his fronts. I tried so many different types of boots to stop him pulling his shoes off, but for him the Horze neoprene bell boots worked really well and put a stop to him losing his shoes and/or boots in the field.

Here's a link so you can see the boots (you can buy them from many tack shops)....

https://www.horze.co.uk/over-reach-...HCoYrPQojIaAkTAEALw_wcB#color=BL?src=google10

Btw, the bright colours are great for spotting the OR boots on the field in the unlikely event that you're horse manages to lose one! ?
Thankyou, I have orange, purple, red.... lots of bright colours which show up against green!

Brummyrat

Visit site
Im pleased to see this because i need the same thing for the same reason, so thanks OP, mine hasnt got massive feet but i usually get a large, would you recommend XL large in the Horze boots? i recently bought another make which werent anywhere near long enough ?