Turnout for Sport Horse class at a county show....

KatB

Visit site
Hello!! just a quick one on opinion really!! I've got my boy entered for a 4yr old sports horse class, and was intending to turn him out as I would for YEH classes, with a white saddle cloth, snaffle bridle with flash and obvs his jumping saddle and his breastplate.
However, someone has pointed out to me that it might be more "showing" orientated, so i'd prob be best to turn him out with no numnah, no flash or breastplate??! What does everyone think??!!

ihatework

Visit site
It is more a showing turnout required. You can still wear a numnah but make it a close cut brown one. Plain bridle (although I would have thought you could get away with a flash if absolutely necessary), tweed jacket with shirt and tie, horse fully trimmed with pulled tail, no boots etc.

KatB

Visit site
Yep he's fully pulled etc, been at a pro yard for last 8 mnths so turned out to event. Would he be allowed to have tendon boots as expected to jump a course? Bit loathed not to as still a bit leggy.....
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
Brilliant, thank you. difficult when different types of event expect different turnout for similar classes!!
confused.gif
Much appreciated though!!
smile.gif