TURNOUT HOOD NEEDED (cheap please!)

goneshowjumping

Visit site
i need a turnout hood asap, but dont want to pay the prices of the snuggy ones, even though ide love one, just cant afford it at the moment.
just need a cheap and cheerful one, just for over xmas really to cut down on the grooming....and wet mud!
HELP!!!

OrangeEmpire

www.equestrian-portrait.com
someone on ebay makes them very cheaply but I have no idea of the quality or whether they're suitable for field use.

For what it is worth I recently bought a snuggyhood and it's fabulous - very high quality. A fellow yardie bought a succession of cheap lycra hoods and they just weren't good enough. She now has a snuggyhood too.

destiny11

Visit site
Ditto above. Also, I would be very worried using one of the lycra cheaper ones in case they slipped while horse wearing them in field.

Snuggy hoods are more expensive but mine has never moved at all and for that reason alone they are worth the money
grin.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
I wouldnt use a cheap one. I have a Snuggy Hoods one and the zip broke on it the very first time it was used so I found it in a heap in the field, could have been dangerous. Im sure it was just a dodgy one (not slagging of Snuggy hoods at all), but I certainly wouldnt go out and buy a cheap one!!

Zoobie

Visit site
I have just a bought a snuggy hood they have a sale on I bpught the sweet itch one and cut off the eye tassles and ears as it exactly the same as the winter one cost me about £40

RobinHood

Visit site
I bought a sweet itch one in the sale too, I cut the fly fringe off but left the ears on as I don't want a clean grey horse with filthy ears! He's been wearing it since july as I think he has a touch of sweet itch and it has never slipped or rubbed.