Turnout poll?

How long have you been competing?

• Total voters

RachelMcTimoney

www.mctimoney4animals.com
Just wondering how much turnout everyone currently has?

I have two going out from 6am - 1pm and one going out for an hour in the morning and then grazed in hand twice a day and hacked in afternoon, she just will not go out and won't settle and runs up and down the fence. Fields are just so wet cannot be good for their hooves standing in water and they are all dying to come in but i still feel bad keeping them in!

nomini

Visit site
Mine go out at 6.30 (mon-wed) and come in between 3 and 4 so over 8 hours on those days. Thurs - sun - they go out about 8ish and come is between 3 and 4 - earlier if i'm riding. Both of mine seem quite happy out even though the fields are disgusting!

the watcher

Visit site
Mne are out for about 9 hours, turned out before I go to work and brought in again about 4.30pm..I would actually like them to be out slightly less as they really like being in and their paddocks are thick with mud, but don't currently have an alternative

pottamus

Visit site
My boy is out by 6am and comes in at 6pm every day...but then I am not on a yard and rent my own field. I don't mind about the odd patch of mud mess because it all grows back in the spring!

frannieuk

Visit site
My fields are like bogs, one of them is 50% under a big puddle (lake!) but my 2 are both desparate to go out every morning. I'll keep turning them out as long as their feet are ok and they are happy to go out. They go out at 7am and come in between 4 and 6 pm.

truffles

Visit site
8am til 2pm - in the summer it is all day, and maybe night as well. But this strict winter routine lasts till March. *sob* Roll on wound up neddies...
crazy.gif

RachelMcTimoney

www.mctimoney4animals.com
is it only my annoying horses that run u and down after a few hours, and yes they have plenty of grass only them in massive field that i split up and rotate. AND they only like going in fields near the stables and spook if they down far end and plough the field up...i am thinking they are BRATS!

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
No, its not only yours rlm. My boy is currently out from 8am until about 1pm and by that time he's ready to come in. He's usually either wandering round the gate way or shouts and comes running over when I call him (complete opposite to summer when he seems to "forget" his name !
tongue.gif
)

We've got loads and loads of grass - so much so that the field my boy is in is now being shared with some sheep. The fields are grim though
frown.gif
My gelding's isnt too bad with the exception of the gateway but a couple of the others have standing water on them and are struggling now under the mud.

I consider myself quite fortunate that my boy seems to cope perfectly well on the reduced hours turnout and prefers to be tucked up in his warm stable, but equally he's 13 now so he's no baby that needs to be out and burning excess energy
smile.gif

Chex

Visit site
Chex is still out 24/7 just now. From this weekend he'll be in, put out about 7, and brought in about 8 or 9 at night. He used to stand at the gate, but soon realised he'd still have to wait hours until I brought him in, now he'll happily graze until I go get him. I know he's not actually wanting in, its just his tea he's after!

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Mine goes out for either a morning or an afternoon - sometimes he is in, like this weekend as I tend to hack in the morning and school in the afternoon, but Monday to friday he is out and ridden daiky.

Enfys

Visit site
My 3 out
smile.gif
Geriatric boarder out about 9ish, wants to come in about 2. He LIKES his stable, sometimes I have to drag him out for an hour just so I can muck out and he can stretch his legs, then he does a creaky fast jog to get back in. If he doesn't want to go out he turns his bum to me.....fine, we understand each other.

piaffe

Visit site
All 3 of mine are out 24/7. They are all perfectly happy and i dont think they would like to be in. I am very lucky, our grazing is fab. I plan to keep them all out over the winter.

madgirl

Visit site
out from about 8ish till arond 3-4 fields are very wet atm wont go out days when its very wet cold and windy! not going out tomorrow as hunt are near and he would jump out hehe

TGM

Visit site
Mine are normally out all the time, but they have been in for the last few nights because it has been so wet. The horse are actually fine out when it is wet, but I'm trying to protect the land a bit as we have 3 on 2.5 acres.

Tempi

Visit site
our yard has all turnout needs catered for, there is 24/7 turnout fields for mares and one for geldings and there is daily turnout fields one for mares and one for geldings.

both mine get turned out at 630am every morning and come in at 4pm every evening. Bloss sometimes has the odd day in if the weather is rubbish or if her sharer is taking her out.