Turnout rug for my pony

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Screenshot_20210827-140445.png
I need to find a turnout rug for this winter. As you can see he is thick through his neck and has not much chest below. I need a 5'9" basic no neck turnout with high denier fabric, 50g or no fill. Last winter's rug didn't fit him right, too tight round the neck unless chest straps loose when it was still a bad fit.
Any ideas what would be a good make to fit him?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
My boy was built the same way! If you can find a cheap one on Ebay (as they're not worth full purchase price) then Premier Equine are super roomy, and mine stayed waterproof.
The ones I liked best though were Ruggles - they fit him wonderfully!

I think Shires, the cheaper line anyway, are actually quite high through the neck although I often see them being rcecommended as roomy.

Gloi

Visit site
He isn't a wide pony so doesn't need a lot of room in that way , it's just the low set neck.

Looking up the above suggestions.

TGM

Visit site
Maxima Equestrian are usually good for the more unusual shaped ones, especially ponies. They have fully adjustable front fastenings which makes it easy to get a good fit at the neck and chest. All their turnouts are 1200 denier and are reasonably priced with free delivery.

Gloi

Visit site
Maxima Equestrian are usually good for the more unusual shaped ones, especially ponies. They have fully adjustable front fastenings which makes it easy to get a good fit at the neck and chest. All their turnouts are 1200 denier and are reasonably priced with free delivery.
I'm trying one of these. They're cheap enough to try out, let's hope it fits ?
I looked for premier equine on ebay but there was nothing suitable. I have one of their fly sheets.

Reactions: TGM