Turnout rugs indoors?

Abby-Lou

Visit site
I have rambo optimo turnouts they have liners, so I change the liners every weekend and leave on in the stable, although an investment purchase by far the best rug I have ever bought. Don't wash the outer rug to hopefully preserve its life due eye watering price.

Pebble101

Visit site
I use turnout rugs indoors as I find when my grey horses lie in manure it just soaks through stable rugs. The horses still get stained and the stable rug is minging. I keep older turnout rugs for use in the stable.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Yo leaves turn out rugs on her horses but I use turn out rugs for the field and stable rugs inside. Im soft and feel its nice for him to be changed into his "pyjamas" at night! He is in at night and out in the day year round. I dont find his rugs get that smelly

Last edited:

Otherwise

Visit site
I don't like stable rugs, they get wet and smelly and if you have a grey they can still get stable stains through them. I use turnouts inside, the outside gets a clean when it rains so they never get too bad. I also leave rugs on to dry as long as they aren't wet underneath, I'd rather they stay in a rug than have a wet cold rug put on in the morning because it didn't dry fully overnight.