Turtle Tactio Baucher

Wheels

Visit site
Anyone use one? what do you think?

Having chatted with the bit bank this was an option they put forward but they are very expensive - not sure if I can warrant spending quite so much without some positive recommendations :)

Upthecreek

Visit site
Got one of these on trial and it hasn’t gone back. Having had real problems bitting my 6 year old Irish gelding I can honestly say this bit has transformed his schooling. It is the only bit he has accepted, and I mean properly accepted, in that he seeks a contact. Every other bit I have tried he has shown resistance to, but he has settled beautifully in this bit. And it is dressage legal. Lots of salivating and a nice soft mouth. He can be strong and become heavy in the hand, in any bit, but I am able to get him off the rein easily in this bit. He is also good to hack and jump in it and I have worn it for cross country, but with a grackle noseband for extra brakes. I would highly recommend it, but get one on trial as you just never know and they are not cheap.

rara007

Visit site
Sprenger and stubben both do a similar but ‘stainless’ mouthpiece but I’m not sure how much cheaper they are and if they come in baucher! I drive mine in that mouthpiece :)

gunnergundog

Visit site
You can get a 30 day trial with this bit, so why not see what YOUR horse thinks as opposed to everyone else?? :) Not meant nastily, but a 30 day trial shouldn't break the bank and my experience says that what one horse/rider combo likes another will detest. Each to their own, eh? Give it a whirl.....otherwise you will never know.

Wheels

Visit site
Speaking from experience here that you can spend an awful lot of money trialling this and that bit.

The bit bank offered up a few options which I'm mulling over and deciding which to try first. I already have one out on trial from them which isn't suitable, if I go through the entire list then I could buy this bit a couple of times over :)

Fiona have you used the horse bit shop, they used to have a bad rep but not sure if that is still the case?

Fiona

Visit site
Did they? I've used them two or three times, one hire & buy, and two buy, and they were grand.

Got some slightly dubious advice from them at Burghley last year, but to be fair, maybe they were right, but I didn't have £150+ to spend on a bit lol..

Fiona

w1bbler

Visit site
Get a bit consultant out. Current horse has real bitting issues. Bit fitter looked at his mouth conformation & looking confident stuck a particular bit in his mouth. His reaction was instant tongue over out 🤔
After a couple more changes of bit she had him sussed & we moved onto a turtle top. He loved it instantly accepted, provided a consistant contact & even his stride lengthened
Can't say the bit will do same for yours, but you get the opportunity to try lots of bits for 1 price.
Really recommend equine bitting consultant

Wheels

Visit site
Yes I would love to do that w1bbler but we don't have many opportunities for that here in Ireland. I did see someone trying to organise a clinic relatively recently but not enough people came forward.

I have contact with someone who intends to train to become a consultant but she's not there yet