Tweed jacket help - help needed!

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Right, I have been looking for a tweed jacket for ages and just haven't been able to find one I like.

Originally I wanted a brown one as I thought it would look better with Bailey's colouring (dun) and I was looking for a pair of brown long boots. However, I couldn't find any brown boots to fit and in the end got a pair of Tredstep (LOVE THEM!) which are black. I'm aware that black boots and a brown tweed jacket will look odd and so have changed my search to a green tweed jacket.

Why is it all the green jackets seem to be a really light almost yellowy green? I saw a rider at HOYS who had a gorgeous deep green tweed which would be perfect but I can't seem to find anything like it.

Is anyone able to suggest anything or able to help? Would be appreciated!

BlackRider

Visit site
Try Alexander James in Pendlebury, Manchester.

They have a limited selection on line, but if you can get to the shop, they have books and books of different tweeds, I got a stunning dark green one.

PS - they will also do made to measure, to make alterations to the standard pattern for a perfect fit.

mcnaughty

Visit site
Firstly - take your time! There are loads of lovely tweeds out there and black boots look fine with all different shades and colours of tweed.

Take a look at some of the showing professionals to get some ideas. ES Photography, Equinational and Fred the Cat are good starting points. Just to narrow your search - look for M&M Highlands - loads of them are Dun!

http://www.equinationalimagestore.c...-highland/240612-sunday/main-ring1/index.html

These companies have amazing tweeds but if you want a good one you will have to start saving but IMO they are worth the wait and the money - the fit of a good jacket far outweighs getting a cheap one.

Mrs Candy
Le Beau Cheval
Showing Selection
Fylde Saddlery

Really depends on what classes you want to do on whether you go for more of an "out there" tweed or something more traditional. Also, velvet collar is not suitable for some classes. If you call these guys they are amazingly helpful too.

Last edited:

mcnaughty

Visit site
I want to show my cob mare next year but they have very boring tweeds and defo no velvet collars. I quite like the "out there" tweeds though but will have to go a bit boring :-(

Never mind.

I regularly trawl though the photos to check out the "what not to wear" professionals. I assume they know what they are doing!

mjcssjw2

Visit site
I am a bit naughty and had mine made to measure at Alexandra James, and just to be naughty had a blue velvet collar and jets put on, and I do the hunter classes how naughty is that!!

swintondesire

Visit site
i just done a thread exactly along the lines of this trying to find a good jacket. theres some good websites like mrs candy, showing selection ect they have all colours of tweed. :)