Tweed show jacket help!

mini_b

Visit site
My jacket has seen better days…

one thing that’s always annoyed me about it is that it’s too big really. The size on the label denotes it “should” fit. I got it cheap on eBay thinking it would! When I tie my number on it poofs out and it just looks generally untidy in photos. It’s too wide on arms and body. I have no waist naturally either.

i need something long in arms so not a maids jacket.
Is there any brands which are better fitting than others? Would prefer a green tweed that can be used as ratcatcher for autumn so more understated WH style rather than pink check etc.

I do need to be able to jump in it so nowt too tight.

mini_b

Visit site
Visit site
I have a Mears green tweed with subtle red overcheck and navy velvet collar. Its about 18 years old now and apart from a faded collar and in need of some new buttons (dry cleaner chipped all bar one ... not amused!) It has been a well fitting, smart jacket. I'm not sure if they make them any more or not.

Screenshot_20220330-170756_Facebook.jpg

mini_b

Visit site
I have a Mears green tweed with subtle red overcheck and navy velvet collar. Its about 18 years old now and apart from a faded collar and in need of some new buttons (dry cleaner chipped all bar one ... not amused!) It has been a well fitting, smart jacket. I'm not sure if they make them any more or not.

View attachment 89848

just seen a mears one on a website mentioned above!

mini_b

Visit site
One tip to eradicate the horrid tied sack look, is to use small safety pins to put your number on with

the offending jacket is too big anyway. I’ve had it for YEARS and it’s more acceptable when you’ve got layers underneath in winter. If I pin it on I’ve still got big arms

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
Unless the fabric is looking tired I would be getting a local tailor to alter your existing jacket to fit you. It will cost less than buying new and will create a lovely picture if it's a good tailor.

This ... we often have to get things altered to fit my daughter's shape - very long arms, tiny back, very slim - our local tailor did a great job with her last show jacket and it didn't cost a lot

mini_b

Visit site
Unless the fabric is looking tired I would be getting a local tailor to alter your existing jacket to fit you. It will cost less than buying new and will create a lovely picture if it's a good tailor.

hmmm I did think this to begin with. The whole lot needs taken in everywhere not just one place and thought it might look a mess by time it’s finished with.

HorsesRule2009

Visit site
I have a lovely tweed by Tagg have used it for autum hunting and doing 2nd horses and it's always been complimented on how smart it is