Tweseldown PN - pony on his own possibly having mental breakdown?!

jules89

Visit site
So, as my thread the other night mentionned, my horse will have a mental breakdown if he is on his own. Anyway, I have worked on this and decided to take him to T on his own today to do the Unaff PN, and see how he went...
he was...Amazing. Straight in the box (albeit tacked up as then he loads) and was as quiet as a lamb!
laugh.gif
a little impatient before we set off but thats him

Dressage- we thought he did a fab test, he was so obedient, and I think it was one of the best tests I have ridden this year, but we got a mark of 35.5 which, for him, is average (although the top mark was just one 30 and two 31s so it was rather harshly marked) but I was chuffed with him anway

SJ - it was rather cut up, although the ground held up well, but we were both on different time zones! we jumed a VERY lucky clear but he does try to take hold when they are PN height as hes jumped 1.25m courses with his prev. owner lol! he warms up all calm and cool and then goes into the ring and effectively says "hey mum i know what Im doing now so shh" which is fine untill he needs help! LOL

XC - i havent competed since being squashed at Wilton and I had not realised how much I had taken a knock in my confidence. I walked the course and although it wasnt huge (bar one combination) it had a lot of questions. This was good because Zeb is going back up to Novice at WW but at the same time i was cr@pping myself because i didn't have all my previous confidence.
However, I was yet again to be proved what a class horse Zeb is as we rode the best round we ever have together. He took a hold right from the box and instead of interefering, I managed to let him get on with it (cue me dreaming of being Mark Todd!) and he was jumping out of an effortless stride (bar fence 3 where he chipped in as i was getting all excited and now dreaming of riding round Aintree!!) he was uber strong (though only in a mullen rubber mouth snaffle) and he whizzed round to finish on his dressage score!
laugh.gif

so all in all my pony (well, 15.3 pony) is a super star and although he was super speedy he did let me set him up infront of combinations!

He ended up 6th which I am so chuffed with as we achieved our aims of 1) completeing, 2) going to a show all on his own and 3) ahving a confidence boosting run!

He was a complete lamb the whole time we were there, and was not fazed by being on his own! I am so so so
shocked.gif
but at the same time i am so very pleased he didnt have a mental breakdown!!

Sorry VERY long post, I just cant stop typing because I am so pleased
laugh.gif
raise a glass everyone!
laugh.gif

How did everyone else go??

sea_view

Visit site
Well done, well done!!!! My TB was a nightmare on his own in the field at home but went to competitions, lessons, hacks on his own quite the thing - strange ways their minds work!

Anyhoo, raising a gass for you, well done!!!!! XXX

_April_

Visit site
What a great breakthrough - am so happy for you!

Like Seaview, my old TBx was very similar.
She'd have a fit if left on her own at home and if she travelled somewhere with another she always wanted to be near them but if you took her to competitions on her own she was an angel - nowt as queer as horses!

Well done
grin.gif

Quarrybank

Visit site
Well done
grin.gif
Sounds like a great day, especially as you achieved all your objectives & got placed as well.
I'll raise a glass of vino to you to
cool.gif

mystiandsunny

Visit site
I did something similar - took pony jumping without my other horse expecting fireworks etc, and after an initial couple of mins she was absolutely fine and jumped better than she ever had! Came home with lots of rosettes feeling very pleased!

jules89

Visit site
haha nice! i did wonder around all day wondering who it was i had talked to!
how did u do in the end?? i loved the "i went clear so b@llocks to the 7 time faults" way of looking at things! brilliant
smile.gif

Rachy07

Visit site
I went the wrong way on the xc so ended up with like 50 time faults, he jumped clear though!! Yeah I always get moaned at if I tell people I got time faults haha! Well done on placing btw
laugh.gif

jules89

Visit site
thanks
smile.gif

were u the one who went the wrong way out of the start box? i heard that when i was wondering around and giggled to myself !
smile.gif
hehe sorry!
laugh.gif

Rachy07

Visit site
haha yeah that was me, had my boss shouting his head off! Couldn't believe I was so stupid, the commentator kept on telling everyone I'd gone the wrong way even as I jumped the last fence!