Tweseldown times! HOW late?!!!

Little Legs Eventing

Visit site
Is anyone else a little shocked by how late they are running at Tweseldown?

J is doing the BE100 + tomorrow and his xc is at 6.08pm with the last people in the section going at 7pm :eek: What if there is a hold up earlier in the day? I hope that doesn't happen but surely there must be a time (for H&S if nothing else) that they have to have a cut off? What happens in that situation?

I've never had such late times before. Has anyone else?

SnowGoose

Visit site
last one at buckminster was due to go at 18.20 today - have to say its lovely conditions right now and wouldnt object to running at this time- agree 7pm is very late for volunteers and fence judges though, think the latest i've fence judged finished about 6.30pm

lex2501

Visit site
I am also in the 100+ tomorrow and running xc at 5.46 - I am one of the luckier ones being early in the section and not living too far away. Not looking forward to keeping my horse amused during the 5 hour gap between dressage and jumping! Thank god I have taken Monday off work!!

elizabeth1

Visit site
I feel sorry for the Fence Judges and other volunteers!

I am jump judging on Monday.Briefing 8.15 last horse x/c 18.30 with no break all day. I have jump judged at Twesledown for 10 years now but not sure if I want to do it again next year- they always have a longer day and the worst lunches ever-we take our own now.A fairly thankless task for volunteers I think!

MegaBeast

Visit site
Sounds like Ascott under Wychwood in June, my XC was at something like 17:50 and I was one of the very first with several sections to get through after me, think they were expecting the last one on the course at about 19:30. I remember being very relieved that I was early in the class as I'm a good 2½ hours away. Was also miffed that by the time I'd been xc all the trade stands had closed so I couldn't get anything to eat or drink :(

Little Legs Eventing

Visit site
Yes all the poor fence judges :( They must be exhausted after such a long day. I've never had such late times before. Would it not be better for them to either run less sections or run another day (although I realise that would be more expense/volunteers needed).

It just seems a bit silly :confused:

star

Visit site
i went XC at Rackham 2wks ago at 5.50pm as one of the last to go, but didn't think too much of it. Light is good at this time of year and it meant I got to lie in bed until 9am as much later start! Was a late night back though especially as had the other horse at riding club dressage the next day!

Rana

Visit site
We were exhausted! Thank you for thinking of us :)

(We were on fences 10 + 11, next to the photographer, if anyone saw us there :) )

lrobson

Visit site
i did ascott in june and my xc was at 6.45 (managed to go earlier) but it is rather ridiculous especially on the second day. i have fenced judged there and at broadway and not been home much before half 8. you really do have to feel for the fence judges most of them i am sure have other things to do after and although you are just sat about it is a tiring thing to do. i like fence judging but i think there has to be sensible cut off point.
So for all you fence judges reading this THANK YOU!

ecrozier

Visit site
I don't think it's unusual tbh, I ran xc at 7.10pm last year at Mk, I was due on at 6.55 this year at AuW, and was fence judging until gone 7pm at BCA earlier this year! Guess they run the longest days possible to avoid balloting.