Twins!!!

Ootasal

Visit site
My mare was scanned with twins which are too close to pinch one?. Just my luck been a long season getting my girl in foal. Vet has since been back as was hoping they'd move far enough apart to terminate one. They however haven't ?. He was then saying with them being so close together natural reduction of one is likely. She will be rescanned to check. What are peoples experience of this? Scan pic attached. Scan at 16 days... Screenshot_20200715_174809_com.facebook.orca.jpg

confusedmum

Visit site
My mare had twins she was scanned and only showed one foal neither twin was ever any good and sadly both pts after 2 years due to problems

Ootasal

Visit site
My mare had twins she was scanned and only showed one foal neither twin was ever any good and sadly both pts after 2 years due to problems
She has been scanned and 2 identified if not naturally reduced I will terminate both, mare will come first. Sorry for the loss of your two foals ?

lme

Visit site
Mine had undetected twins not picked uo on scans and lost them at 5 months when they ran out of room which was horrid. She’s in foal again and we’re doing extra scans to minimise the chance of the same thing happening this time. I will take the same approach as you if we do find we have twins.

confusedmum

Visit site
Oh poor you that’s awful !! I kept telling the vets something was wrong as mare was huge but I was told I was panicking over nothing !! I gave up breeding from her after that the foals were really sweet but had horrendous problems from the start had I known I wouldn’t have gone ahead either !!