Twitching when sleeping

Greylegs

Visit site
Sitting here watching my little chap (collie cross staffie, we think) ... Had a busy day walking and out and about, a lovely dinner (think spoiled rotten ...!!) and is now fast asleep in front of the fire. But it's funny to watch him sleep because he constantly twitches. His paws, ears, face, and even his tail twitch as he dreams about all those little doggy things. Is this twitching during sleep normal and does anyone else have a "twitchy" dog in or is ours unique? (Cute to watch, though, and he's generally very happy otherwise) ....

chillipup

Visit site
I think this is quite normal for most dogs. One of my oldies used to whimper and even sound distressed when his paws were paddling and his legs running in thin air. I used to call his name very softly until he came round. He'd then just look at me like he was saying "what's wrong with you woman? why'd you wake me up?":eek:

{97702}

Visit site
My oldest greyhound wags her tail enthusiastically when she is asleep, so sweet :) :) All of my four twitch and 'run' in their sleep, I guess they have great doggy dreams :)

chillipup

Visit site
Lévrier;13075584 said:
My oldest greyhound wags her tail enthusiastically when she is asleep, so sweet :) :) All of my four twitch and 'run' in their sleep, I guess they have great doggy dreams :)

AAwww, that's very sweet :)

MyBoyChe

Visit site
both my springers do it but the little jack russell sleeps like the dead :) The springers both run, wag their tails and woof in their sleep. Very comical to watch

Mince Pie

Visit site
Two of mine do, they will wag, woof and run in their sleep :) Hopefully having nice dreams and chasing lots of birdies/rabbits lol!

Bellasophia

Visit site
mY little schnauzer woke me up the other night with her nose in my ear and snoring like a little trooper...I didn't know what it was and hadn't heard her snore before.it gave me a giggle...my big poodle boy will sometimes squeak loudly when he is in his deepest sleep and twitch so hard the bed will shake.

Toffee44

Visit site
Yup mine run/ twitch/ cute littlr woofs.

Dylan scares me because he growls in his sleep, no idea what he is dreaming of. He had a loud play growl but this is a nasty growl, teeth out kinda growl.

leflynn

Visit site
I get the full lot with Boots, he twitches, runs, gruffles, wuffles and generally wiggles about in his sleep! It's so very cute :D