Two More Police Dogs Dead - Left In a Car

Andalusianlover

Visit site
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3661872/Police-dogs-bake-to-death-in-car.html

The sheer stupidity of the person responsible beggars belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor poor dogs. I hope they are now in a better place.

After last years debacle of 2 police dogs dying in a baking hot car you would have thought the police would have learnt their lesson.

Lets hope this time he/she gets more than a 6 month conditional discharge and a £2500 fine.

Disgusting.

If the link doesnt work, the infor is on The Sun website.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I cannot believe its happened again. I would have thought/hoped after last year there would have been guidelines issued to every dog handler about the dangers of leaving dogs in cars.

I hope all the officers involved are kicked off the dog squad for life and the RSPCA prosecute them with the backing of the police.

It makes me sick to think how those poor dogs suffered.

Megan_T

Visit site
"The dying animals were found by a maid at the Met's dog training centre in Keston, Kent"

Eh? What, because he/she forgot they'd left them in there and someone else found them when they went to clean it? What the hell is that about? Why did someone else find them?

dingle12

Visit site
Those dogs work there socks off for the police and this is how they pay them back, it makes me sick.

Yesterday i saw two dogs in a car at asda ?? why take your dogs shopping in this heat?

My dogs dont even get a walk till late eve or early morning.

MochaDun

Visit site
I'm another one with chin on the floor and my exact words when I saw the headline on BBC news site was "What?! Again?!". Disgusting. There's a column on the Mail's news page about this story that says yesterday 2 police officers in Bath broke into a member of the public's car to rescue 2 cooking dogs...ironic or what? And why FGS are charities etc having to remind people every damn year about leaving dogs in cars in extreme heat? What happens? Are people just ignorant or just don't clock the temperature that they are happily strolling about in outside their car whilst they've left their dogs boiling to death inside? It does my head in. How many times does it have to happen whether police dogs or not :mad:

joelb

Visit site
It does my head in. How many times does it have to happen whether police dogs or not :mad:

This ^^^

Let’s not forget how many less publicized occurrences happen day in day out during warm weather. Unforgivable suffering for any dog be they pet or worker. RIP poor dogs you deserved better.

Dovorian

Visit site
No doubt he will slip away with a decent pension after 30 years in the job.................

There were dogs at Hickstead over the weekend, why would you do this to your dog? My lab was a bit annoyed that I had gone out without her but she had shade, a cool floor and plenty of water at home.

unicornleather

Visit site
I was right opposite this establishment on Saturday fitting & flocking up a saddle, all
you can ever hear there is incessant barking, so there's plenty of activity and surely ENOUGH people about to monitor all the dogs and in what should be in a safe environment. If officers are STILL allowing dogs to die in such horrific circumstances then they should lose their jobs, be heavily fined so as to actually make a difference to them and be banned from keeping dogs for life.
I expect in reality the MET will have a little investigation as to be seen to be doing something and then pension the person off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist when it has all died down and been forgotten about. I am still angry about the poor greyhound found in Scotland a few years ago wandering the streets, handed in to a local police station who promplty locked the dog up in their kennel but "forgot" it was there, 2-3 weeks later they found the dogs body, starved to death in their kennels. That was also "conveniently" investigated and forgotten about with loads of excuses as to why it happened.
It makes me sick.

Dottyfordylan

Visit site
im glad his suicide attempt failed he deserves to suffer for what he did! And for the second time i hope they don't let him off so ligtly this time!

diet2ride

Visit site
So sad... Rip poor doggies.

One of my dogs nearly died, when we got home from shopping we left the car on drive with door open and he got in for a kip, someone shut the door. We just didn't think he would be in the car he,s the kind of dog that disappears off and sleeps most of the day.

When we finally found him hubby thought he was being aggressive, but he was actually passed out and panting frantically. I grabbed him and dunked him straight in the pool, which wasn't cold enough so got a cold hose. I then made him swallow loads of rehydrates before we rushed him to the vet who put him on a drip. It was a scary scary day I still get upset thinking about it. And hate to see any dog in a car...

Ebenezer_Scrooge

Visit site
No excuse for this....those poor poor doggies.............:( I do not own a dog personally only just walk my friends but I even know that shouldn't be left in cars in the heat............... yet he works with them and should know this.......:mad::mad::mad: RIP xx

BBH

Visit site
There really are no words left are there to express the horror of this.

How stupid are these men, all apparently mentally vulnerable. Well WTF are they doing in the police force anyway never mind in charge of animals.

I hope the book is thrown at him and the moron who promoted him after the first time it happened. Apparently one death isn't enough for this shamble of a crew :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Megalini_22

Visit site
I would without a seconds hesitation smash a window and remove the dog leaving a polite but firm letter advising the owner where their dog is recovering. I hope everyone would take this action.

My friend had to do it and the owner actually thanked her for taking a brick to the boot window. Funnily enough, my friends comment to the owner were along the lines of "You dont deserve to own said animal"

RIP poor puppies...

unicornleather

Visit site
Scary isn't it, these idiots haven't got the brains they were born with and we depend on them to police society for us!!
Doesn't inspire confidence in the police in general does it?
I'll be SO angry if he gets off with it again.
Oz

turkana

Visit site
What is so awful about this incident is that this man has done it before!

He killed a previous dog in the same way & the police hushed it up & promoted him, he has attemped suicide & been sectioned so he sounds like he's quite unstable.

Why is somebody like that allowed to be a police dog handler?

I read that he's distraught about what happened, so he bloody well should be, police officers are supposed to protect the vulnerable, this is somebody who is clearly unfit to be a police officer.

ladyt25

Visit site
I really can't think about this is too much detail as it just makes me want to cry at how terrified those dogs must have been and how they suffered. It just is beyond belief. Why would anyone even think about leaving their dogs in a car in weather like we had yesterday - I mean, it was ridiculously hot, it's not like you wouldn't have realised how warm it was! Notthat it would have helped anywya, but no even leaving any windows open either just shows this guy did not even think about the dogs at all.

To find out this is not the first time he has done this is sickening. How on earth was he allowed to continue being a dog handler? They need to do something about this now. They surely should bring in a rule that a dog should NEVER be left in an unattended police van - it can't be hard when you have kennels there. He could have brought them out and put them in a kennel. Christ even tying them outside (not that they would do that i am sure) would be preferable.

Honestly, I am appalled this has happened again.

Over2You

Visit site
I was right opposite this establishment on Saturday fitting & flocking up a saddle, all
you can ever hear there is incessant barking, so there's plenty of activity and surely ENOUGH people about to monitor all the dogs and in what should be in a safe environment. If officers are STILL allowing dogs to die in such horrific circumstances then they should lose their jobs, be heavily fined so as to actually make a difference to them and be banned from keeping dogs for life.
I expect in reality the MET will have a little investigation as to be seen to be doing something and then pension the person off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist when it has all died down and been forgotten about. I am still angry about the poor greyhound found in Scotland a few years ago wandering the streets, handed in to a local police station who promplty locked the dog up in their kennel but "forgot" it was there, 2-3 weeks later they found the dogs body, starved to death in their kennels. That was also "conveniently" investigated and forgotten about with loads of excuses as to why it happened.
It makes me sick.

Extremely well put! I haven't forgotten about that poor greyhound either. It still makes my blood boil. However, since another police officer is responsible for the deaths of these dogs, you can bet your bottom dollar that slapped wrists will be the only 'punishment' he gets. :mad: