Two tone (black and brown) saddle - would you?

**Vanner**

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm having a saddle made for my boy as I have finally found one that suits the both of us! As it's being made I can have any combination of colours, suede vs ordinary leather I want.

I'm toying with the idea of having brown with a black seat and knee rolls.

My boy is piebald so technically could have either colour and I have tack in both colours. I mainly hack and in-hand showing and do some dressage.

What do you think?

Pocket_Rocket

Visit site
My saddle is two tone but its hardly noticeable mines brown with a darker brown seat and knee rolls. I think it looks fine and its nice to be different! :)

**Vanner**

Visit site
Not the style of saddle i'm getting but an idea for two tone:

blackandbrownsaddle1.jpg

blackandbrownsaddle2.jpg

The one i'm getting is somewhere between dressage and showing saddle.

Louby

Visit site
Oooh lovely. Id be inclined to get it all black but Im boring like that :) Do you mind me asking which saddler you have used. I like the fact youve been able to have one on trial.

**Vanner**

Visit site
It's a nightmare because i have had both black and brown and can't decide. i love both colours of my bridles on my boy too so it's not like i am swayed by that. i know it should be brown for showing but i know piebalds can be shown in black!

decisions decisions!

dumpling

Visit site
I'd personally go for one or the other. Even a dark brown.

I spent years with black tack for my coloured. When I decided to get a decent show saddle black ones were limited so I changed over to brown :) I actually like it better now, black against it looks a bit cheaper if you know what I mean.

Capriole

Visit site
me personally, no :eek:

Ive seen a two tone (black/brown) saddle up close and it was quite the most ugly saddle Id seen at that point (now Ive seen the Tekna pink one though ;))

Id choose one or the other (personally, always brown). Even a two tone brown.

I think the resale value (it may need to be sold one day) and market would be restricted as most people would be looking for a standard colour imo.
Id only have one if it was absolutely the only one that fitted and I didnt have an option.

But if its the one YOU want, get it! :)

team barney

Visit site
I'd choose two tone over plain black, but then I personally can't stand black tack. I think a nice havana or dark brown can't be beaten, they seem to suit any horse.