Two women looking for horse/pony shares in South London

Niki1984

New User
Visit site
Hello,

Myself and my friend are hoping to find a horse/pony loan/share situation in the south of London (I'm based in West Norwood). Has to be accessible by public transport as non-drivers.

Info about us:

I'm 32 years old, work freelance from home and my friend is 22 years old and works in the yard at a local riding school, so we're both pretty flexible with our time and availability, especially me. We're both small and light (I'm 5ft3 and about 7.5stone, my friend is about 5ft6 and around same weight). We both love jumping and would be interested in opportunities to compete locally, although this is not essential. We'll both continue to have lessons at our riding school as well - we agree you never stop learning or improving! My friend is very technically proficient and experienced while I have lots of guts and initiative - what I don't know yet, I'll learn and I'll do whatever you ask me to. Our old instructor has recently gone freelance and we would like to be able to occasionally hire him for private lessons on our share ponies to continue our education if possible.

My friend is very experienced and has had loan ponies before. I am less experienced but EXTREMELY enthusiastic and open to learning as much as possible. Ideally we'd like to be at the same yard, if not loaning from the same owner, so that we can hang out and I have the opportunity to consult and learn more from her. We're both doing BHS Horse Care courses starting this month so I'm very keen to put all my new knowledge into action. I can honestly say you won't find someone more excited at the prospect of mucking out a stall - everything about horses and ponies excites me!

What we're looking for:

Two horses or ponies that need lots of love and attention, a few days a week. We want to be able to jump - this is especially a key focus for me - so they need to be up for that and the yard needs to have facilities that accommodate this. Hacking is a bonus but not an essential. And of course, a friendly owner/yard as this will be as much about developing a relationship with you as it is the horses! I'll probably benefit more from an experienced horse or pony who is a confidence giver, although that said, one of my favourite ponies I've ever ridden was quite young and inexperienced, and together we just somehow made a great little team - we took third out of eight in a friendly dressage comp at our stables (my first ever 'competition'!). Generally, we're quite flexible on what we're looking for so long as we're able to access the yard via public transport and jumping facilities.

We are of course looking to make a financial contribution so more than happy to discuss what's required there.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who may be able to help us. Thanks for reading!

Niki