Tying up outside others boxes

custard

Visit site
Following the 'Do you find noisy horse toys annoying?' thread just wanted to canvas opinion on another little gripe.

We have a lack of tie up rings on our yard purposely because the YO is understandably fed up of horses pulling them out of the walls along with a piece of his cladding. Most of us prefer to tie up inside anyway as it's safer but there is a ring outside Cat's stable with a very thin piece of twine which I occasionally use.

There is one livery who perpetually insists on 'parking' her antagonistic ned outside everyone's boxes but her own and it's driving me/others nuts. Said ned will often stick his head in Cat's box then she'll whine when hers gets bitten. aaaarrrgggh!!

I asked YO if I could leave a polite 'no parking' note and his answer was to tell her straight, trouble is she does it when I'm not there. I'm really concerned someone's horse is going to get injured with this, I've seen horse lose eyes with this kind of thing.
crazy.gif

So, peeps the question was does anyone else think this practice is annoying/potentially dangerous and secondly if she happens to read this.......

STOPY TYING UP OUTSIDE MY BOXES, SOME ONE'S HORSE WILL GET HURT AND IT'S BAD MANNERS!

Irishcobs

Visit site
I would tell her that if she does it again and your horse gets hurt as a result she will have the vet bill and any other costs involved. Money tends to make people think about things a bit more.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Have no problem with some tying up outside my box if my mare isn't in it and they clean up after themselves. Would get very annoyed with anyone tying up outside my box while she's in there as she start squealing and kicking the wall, so thus could potentially hurt herself.
frown.gif
Also get pissed off if mess left outside my box, when peeps have tied there.

stormyhorse

Visit site
I get really annoyed when people leave a mess. always clean up after myself and don't understand people who cant. A few months ago some new peeps came to the yard and on several occasions left big poos outside my stable, that made me very annyed. I didnt want to leave it incase people thought it was mine to i cleared it up and after a few times like that i think they got the picture and are usually quite good now

hatters

Visit site
We have a american barn style layout and if I tied up outside mine then the stallion opposite would take a chunk out of my boys bum (they don't get on)
grin.gif

But if I tie outside someone elses I make sure there is no fighting (i.e tie next to his friend) and tidy up after myself!

jewel

Visit site
i hate people tying up outside my box especialey(sp) as they have there own ties outside there own boxes. and they never clean up there mess.

Solstar

Visit site
this is my biggest whinge! it's on of the reasons my horse has to have a grille up- he's very protective of his space and will lunge/attack anything that is outside. It's not fair on my horse having a grille up.

flowerlady

Visit site
Maybe a polite notice saking them not to tie up when your horse in and to clean up any mess. Or if you definitly know the culprit either make sure you go to stables when you know they will be there and politly ask them not to or put note on there stable door.

Stinkbomb

goldenoakmochachino.blogspot.com
i had ths problem on the old yard i was at with my other pony. We had wooden stables and there was one girl who used to tie up outside my stable all the time. Her horse rubbed its bottom constantly on my wall gradually moving the wall each time pushing it in to the point my stable was unsafe. YO was a d*ck and couldnt care less so i just removed said tie ring!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

shellonabeach

Visit site
Yes when I was on the livery yard I hated people tying up outside my box - unfortunately I had the end stable in the barn which meant the aisle was wider for tying up in so it happened often.

One person also had a farrier who would leave the nail ends on the floor outside my stable which I was particularly unhappy about.

We didn't have tie rings but people would tie string to the bars on the fronts of the stables so as quickly as I took it off someone put it back up. In the end I moved box when another became free!!

mickey

Visit site
I do my horse inside his stable unless the yard is empty because all others are in paddocks. It's more of a fiddle having him in the stable, but it means we are not in anyone's way. (We have an american barn system with a corridor between two rows of stables, so if another horse needs to pass the tied up one has to move).
I avoid all this agro by doing him in the stable.
My horse is moody in the stable so it does concern me when people are tying their horse up outside his door, as he will invaraibly try to scare them away. I do have signs on my door saying not to approach him.
Problem is, even though people may well not tie up on the other side of my horse's stable , they often tie to the next one down, which is almost as bad as it means they are very close to my box. I don't think there is much I can do other than to warn them verbally (and with a sign) of the dangers.

Nari

Visit site
It drives me mad!

Jim is very defensive of his space & will have any horse that is tied up within reach (I'm not talking a nip here, he really goes for them & I've seen horses break the string trying frantically to get out of his way). What really worries me is that one day either he's going to get a person by mistake - if he does he'll do a lot of damage - or he's going to take the stable door down. Yet however many times I warn people and ask them to tie elsewhere they still do it!

I have less of a problem with them tying up outside Little Un's box though I do wish they'd sweep up after them & not leave grooming kit etc outside the door so I have to move it before I can get in.

A related gripe is the habit of putting their rugs over my doors. It encourages Jim to crib so I move any on his but Little Un pulls them into the box to play with so I'm just not touching any on his door in the hope that the main culprits start getting the idea
wink.gif

Judie

Visit site
It wouldn't worry me in the least, we have an american barn and we all tie up all over the place and we've never had any injuries or upset over it, if some one did object I would respect their space but would quietly think 'drama queen'
blush.gif
grin.gif

(not suggesting any of the above are drama queens as you must have your reasons for not liking it)