u know when.......

Josh_craney

Visit site
the rug can soemtimes rub on the top of the horses withers and then can get like a bit scabby and can fall of how can i prevent this from happening, it is already scabbed up but i dont want the scab to fall of i have switched her rug over so it doesnt rub anymore but what should i put on her scab to help it to stop peeling away otherwise we will be left with the white coulered hair when it grows back in spring. any tips on what to put on it???

Kelly1982

Visit site
A scab is always gonna fall off once the wound has healed. To stop the scab falling off before the wound has healed i would suggest changing her rugs to something with a higher neck.

I also use sudocream on cuts and grazes as it helps it to heal but if your gonna put a rug over the top its probably gonna rub most of it back off anyway.

MagicMelon

Visit site
One of mine has this, but its permanent. He had it before I got him so I can only assume it was an ill fitting rug. Even though Ive tried to leave rugs off him all summer to try and let it heal, it never has. I do put sudocreme on it though which I think helps keep it supple and not as sore.