Uffington White Horse??? or maybe a dog?? poll

Uffington White Horse??? or maybe a dog???

• Total voters

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Ok so if you read ^^^^^^^ there is an article in H and H saying a vet thinks its not a horse but a dog.

So what do you think???

I think its clearly a horse but I don't mind being prooved wrong

Jesstickle

Visit site
It's a horse. You should have heard my OH swearing about this last night. Something about how people will say anything to get their name in the paper!

killikyle

Visit site
It looks like a neddy to me!

Read the article on, I think, the Beeb's website - the (retired) vet in question states that it's "obviously" a dog because the tail is too long for a horse! Glad I wasn't a client of his practice!

Angua2

Visit site
there is no way this

uffair.jpg

is a dog.....

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
It looks like a neddy to me!

Read the article on, I think, the Beeb's website - the (retired) vet in question states that it's "obviously" a dog because the tail is too long for a horse! Glad I wasn't a client of his practice!

sorry, due to my hospital shenanigans last night, I didnt read this til just now, this is a brilliant point. I look at the tail and think, but wait, horses have long tails. Well I am glad people agreed (mostly) that it is a White HORSE not a White Dog :D :p and anyway, would it really get changed, its a serious UK landmark, that would be like some Druid turning round and saying, stone henge is not a henge its just a random clump of rocks created by an Glacier, :p

JaneyP

Visit site
awwwww my local hack!! How lucky am i???

It has always been in question wheither it is a horse or another animal, but if i am correct it was the monks years ago that started to refer to it as White Horse Hill x