Ugg Boots at the yard??!! ROTFL

noblesteed

Visit site
I have a pair of Celtic Sheepskin from Cornwall too... VERY expensive ones bought by my OH... I wore them once to the yard... has anyone ever seen what happens to them when they get shavings or Nedzbed all over them? Took me HOURS to pick it all off! Never again!

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
I have no need for such things as Ugg's unless used as slippers. My hip sister brought me over a pair when she came to visit a couple of years ago. The got used as slippers.

Then last winter struck. When everything was frozen solid for weeks I did indeed wear them to the barn in the morning. No muck no mess and soooooo warm! Not a chance this winter.

But yeah not a big Ugg person but they are freaking warm!

Terri

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
I had a cheap pair for driving in as they are comfy- one day I needed to pop past and feed Lumi my old stallion, wasnt going to ride or anything so just jumped out the car in my uggs, went to find Lumi..... He'd broken out the field and disappeared over the river.

Yup you guessed it, i had to wade over the river to find him in my uggs. They were squelchy and wrecked so they went into the bin and I drove home in my bare feet :(

EmmaB

Visit site
I actually went to yard in uggs last winter when it snowed :eek:

Only wore them for 2 days cause I had nothing else to put on my feet though! Every pair of wellies/muckers/ANYTHING simultaneously broke, I don't have any trainers or anything...it was uggs or converse! Converse would have been even worse haha. My feet were warm, they didn't get to wet either but I was sliding everywhere in them! I soon got myself some new muckers :rolleyes:

Before I moved to my last yard, someone there told me another livery had gone to poo pick wearing white jeans and heels! Surely thats worse! :D

dapplepink

Visit site
I nipped down wearing my uggs one night just to pop his feed in and he couldn't stop smelling them!! Honestly he stopped munching his tea for a second sniff!!!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Super_Kat the dogs killed for fake Uggs in China are skinned alive and thrown aside still alive. They die a very painful and strung out death. Cows don't.

^5 to this

Just a quick warning to those thinking of buying Ugg boots. You need to check where they came from, because if it is from Asia they may have been made using the fur of dogs who have been skinned alive.

There is footage of people bashing screaming dogs heads and necks with an iron bar and thowing them in a pile for skinning. Most are alive after the first blow. Too cheap for a bullet or some other more humane method. Personally I think those responsible should have exactly the same happen to them. Really sickening stuff. All just to make some Ugg boots. It is their normal method of manufacturing them.

Here's a link to one of the videos at youtube. Warning- don't watch this if you don't have a strong constitution, as it really is something terrible that should never happen in modern China. And it seems it's done this way to save money, which is the worst part of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zt2I3uwOCM&feature=related

The sellers are now faking their place of manufacture when selling the Ugg boots, saying they are made in Canada or Australia, when they are really made in china from animals killed inhumanely. So you need to be very sure where your new Ugg boots will come from, and don't believe the tag that says 'Made in Canada' without more info backing it up. Spammers are spamming forums etc suddenly in a big way lately trying to sell these very same Ugg Boots, so I wouldn't buy any on the internet, because there is no way to tell where they were made.

There is other footage that is way worse that shows them being skinned alive too, but trying to find that for you on youtube would be too depressing and ruin my day, so you can find it yourself if interested.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I'm sure you use leather stuff.......

Friend gets on her high horse about being vegetarian yet she totters around in her Kurt Geigers which are made in Brazil, I'm sure those cows has a peaceful humane death over in that country

Dont start this thread up its been done in gr8 detail i am vege but have leather stuff as in saddle.

leather is a by product animals are not killed for the leather. This doesnt make it right but its a damn site more humane than skinning dogs alive for their fur.

The japs also skin cats and street dogs too, as well as kill whales and dolphins i hate the japs only have to see whale wars on tv and pictures of loads cats skined the other things is they put 3 or 4 dogs in a wire crate and lower them into boiling water this i am saying tomake you aware of what you eat when abroad, many times you buy a steak and its horse / donkey or anything. My hubby always eats white meat when going abroad. in suspect countries. like France Germany Poland Italy.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

One restaurant was caught back in 80,s when someone notice the skip at the back it had a picture of a curry and in big writing it says what type of curry do you think this is???

answer * CAT CURRY * they found the skip full of cat remains was on a tv programme grossed me out you never know what you eat at a restaurant

Last edited:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Dogs in China : A Horrific Story of Senseless Cruelty in the Dog Meat Industry

The purpose of this lens is to document and highlight the current inhumane and abusive treatment of dogs in The Peoples Republic of China, with the hope that worldwide knowledge and attention will support and assist the Chinese people in securing adequate and necessary animal welfare protection.

Everyday, countless thousands of dogs (many former pets) are inhumanely caged, beaten, tortured, killed and butchered, often times publically, to feed the Chinese demand for dog meat. This activity occurs, while simultaneously three quarters of the Chinese population have indicated a desire for improved animal welfare protections and an end to the dog meat industry. Pet ownership in China has also increased dramatically, in recent years.

Please note: I am not a member of any group, or political organization and I have no agenda, other than to do what I can in improving the welfare of dogs and animals. I especially feel strongly committed, to protecting and improving the welfare of companion animals, who are completely dependent on humans for their care and well-being. This is the path of personal, as well as social responsibility and what I as one person can do and contribute.

This has been a very difficult lens for me to build, because of the fact that I love dogs and I'm a lifelong pet owner. To actually witness the facts of their pain and suffering in modern day China is unsettling and disturbing, to say the least! Hopefully, it will prove beneficial in the long-run.

Dogs awaiting their fate outside of a Chinese Dog Market. ( picture removed)

JenTaz

Visit site
if its really cold i wear my uggs to the yard the ones ive got are a sort of chocolate colour so perfect if i end up in the mud, and they come up as good as new in the washing machine :) must have been washed at least once a week in the last 3 months and they are still alive

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
I have been known to do evening checks and skips outs in my PJ's dressing gown and slippers - dont do uggs, not chavtastic enough, and from what I have read I wouldnt want any either. Cant go wrong with a good sturdy slipper!

Renvers

Visit site
Dont start this thread up its been done in gr8 detail i am vege but have leather stuff as in saddle.

The japs also skin cats and street dogs too, as well as kill whales and dolphins i hate the japs only have to see whale wars on tv and pictures of loads cats skined the other things is they put 3 or 4 dogs in a wire crate and lower them into boiling water this i am saying tomake you aware of what you eat when abroad, many times you buy a steak and its horse / donkey or anything. My hubby always eats white meat when going abroad. in suspect countries. like France Germany Poland Italy.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry if OT

Leviathan

You may be interested in this petition regarding Whaling in Japan

http://www.avaaz.org/en/japan_disaster_funds_whaling_d?cl=1460260083&v=11637

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
i just don't get the appeal, they look hideous and are completely impractical around mud and poo.. also, comfort's all very well but not when they're fugly... see also those horrific crocs!

^^^^^^
This!! Kerilli I think you've been in my brain. I think Uggs probably one of the best named products ever - they are just Uggly! And as for Crocs - bleurgh! I'm old enough to remember the fashion for Jelly Shoes in the 80's and I hated them too!