ULTRASOUND GUIDED SACRO ILIAC JOINT INJECTIONS

Ryehill

Visit site
Does anyone know how much even roughly ultrasound guided sacro iliac joint region injections would cost - both sides.

Paddy and Dandy

Visit site
That was the cost for the injections under ultrasound at the horsepital.....but was part of a £2000 claim for a "stuffy" horse recovering from colic surgery who had developed really extreme behaviour changes when asked to come back into work. These included a random fear of leaving the yard (would rear uncontrollably) and blind bolting for home whilst out, and he had previously been a very safe and sensible hack. Not lame, but unbalanced and uncoordinated. It was finally discovered he had PSD in both hinds, and an injured SI. (probably caused by being dangled upside down got surgery) That was 8 months ago, (although it's now 13 months since the colic surgery) and hes also had shockwave on both hinds, and 6 months field rest. He's now coming VERY slowly back into work, and we'll see if his back end holds up. :(

Primitive Pony

Visit site
Mine had one today. Can't comment on cost - insurance claim, but diagnosed after 2 nerve blocks, one xray, one bone scan and 2 ultrasounds.... - that was due to hind suspensory problems as well, but bone scan identified the SI joint as a problem area and then an ultrasound for that before the injection.

HashRouge

Visit site
My vet confirmed today that the injections wouldn't be too expensive - she reckoned under £100 though I suppose that depends whether she needs one or both doing.