(Un-)Reasonable expectations

conniegirl

Visit site
And it happened late at night, so what if you have had a drink and can't drive? Just playing devils advocate because I don't believe for a second that all the indignant posters on this thread would have been sober, or had leccy fencing to hand, or been able to source leccy fencing, and had help, etc etc late at night despite what they may post
Taxi or my husband who is tea total.
I have electric fencing to hand always, yes i had to take 10mins to dig it out of a shed last time but currently ive got 100m and 2 dozen posts sat in my lorry so could lay my hands on them in moments.

Regardless of what state i am in i will go and look after my horses! Ive never been so drunk that im incapable of catching a horse and putting up a barrier to stop them getting out again.

Last edited:

redredruby

Visit site
I think there are two different issues here. The first, which is the subject of the post, being about the neighbours reaction. And the second, being everyone else is horrified that OP put horses back in field without making it secure again.

I doubt that the neighbours reaction (as someone non-horsey) was due to concern about safety but more a - “these horses don’t belong here, they are somehow inconveniencing me” (this is an assumption but it would be interesting to know what the neighbour did actually say).

If this is the case then the neighbour is being unreasonable, as with all animals / children etc there is an element of unpredictability and these things happen without the need for a song and dance.

In relation to the second point - well I’m not remotely brave enough to comment.;-)