Unaff Dressage champs - advice wanted

not_with_it

Visit site
Me and Gin qualified for the unaff dressage champs in March and ever since I have been wandering whether to go. Heres some info,

Someone said we couldnt go as we didnt send the form back immediatly so not sure if we will be able to yet, but we have qualified and there is no closing date on the form it just says send back immediatly.
Since then we have affiliated so dont know if it will be fair on others.

The reason I'm contemplating this is because Gin is very spooky. She isnt keen on white boards and plant pots and the big atmosphere. Since we are affiliated im hoping to qualify for regionals and shows with this kind of atmosphere and I dont want to look like an idiot with a naughty horse if I do.
So going to something like this could do her good and get her used to big shows or it could blow her brains. If she were to play up it wouldnt bother me as it isnt important.

What does everyone else think? Advice greatly appreciated.

not_with_it

Visit site
I just dont want people thinking I'm being unfair even though they prob have a very good chance of beating my naughty pony
grin.gif

Judie

Visit site
Well unless you've gone out and wiped the board at affiliated I don't think for one minute folk will say anything.

You qualified when you were unaffliated so you go and enjoy it.

Sparklet

Visit site
I think the only problem you will have is if there are prizes in the competition. Apparently BD state you cannot compete in unaffiliated comps where there is prize money of £15 or above or if the prize value is £15 or above.

You would be amazed at how many affiliated competitiors ignore that though!

hjw

Visit site
Dont worry about what people think I have two horses both affiliated yet we are going to compete at some unaffiliated champs shortly. I also use unaffil competitions as a training exercise for higher levels as we dont have amny venues doing training classes where I am.

As long as you follow the requirements/rules of the venue when entering classes then there isnt any problem (i.e. not competing in a restricted prelim when you have novice BD points or whatever).

There are some people out there who compete horses at the BD regionals and are professionals (who train, compete and teach to Inter1 (and have competed internationally) for a living) and are competing the same horse at the same level in unaffiliated champs.

So no you arent being unfair.