Unbelievable disgusting people

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Assuming you have their addresses write them each a letter & enclose a document in which they sign over the horse to you. Put in a self addressed & stamped envelope so hopefully they will each return the document signed. If that works then you own the horse. As for the passport just send off for a new one saying the other is lost.

Visit site
PaS why are you always so snippy. Things are not so straightforward, I have taken on board all the advice. I am covering my own arse by trying to follow a correct process. Some of the posters do not appear to have read the whole thread as to what has happened.
At present I have issued the owners with a letter stating all the facts and giving them the opportunity to remove the horse, or have it delivered back to them. I have also given them the opportunity to sign him over to me and am waiting for their reaction. When all this has been exhausted then I will move on to the next step. If you were trying to deal with these people I think you would have lost patience before now. What else do you think I should be doing pray ?

This forum seems like Mumsnet sometimes.

Amymay I have read be positives post, I assume thats who BP is, and have noted it also. I have been to the owners house but can get no answer even when they appear to be at home. Should I break in ?

Last edited:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
PaS why are you always so snippy. Things are not so straightforward, I have taken on board all the advice. I am covering my own arse by trying to follow a correct process. Some of the posters do not appear to have read the whole thread as to what has happened.
At present I have issued the owners with a letter stating all the facts and giving them the opportunity to remove the horse, or have it delivered back to them. I have also given them the opportunity to sign him over to me and am waiting for their reaction. When all this has been exhausted then I will move on to the next step. If you were trying to deal with these people I think you would have lost patience before now. What else do you think I should be doing pray ?

This forum seems like Mumsnet sometimes.

Amymay I have read be positives post, I assume thats who BP is, and have noted it also. I have been to the owners house but can get no answer even when they appear to be at home. Should I break in ?

But you have not served an abandonment notice as you were advised on the previous thread. You could have set those wheels in motion the day after you posted that one.
i don't lose patience, I follow due process, as quickly as possible, in all situations. I suggest that you do the same.

Visit site
I could not serve an abandonment notice until I had completed all the other steps, also until the end of this month as that is the original end of agreement. As the owners have stated now that they do not intend to have the animal back and have not as yet signed him over to me, or indeed communicated at all since then despite me getting in touch regularly to see what arrangements had been made for him , as you dont leave it till the last day to actually get off your bum and decide whats happening. I am waiting until the due date and then will proceed with an abandonment notice. The owner had said that he would be pts if they couldnt find a charity to take him in, that has not happened and they are not willing to put him to sleep either. They have just walked away.

I am awaiting a call back from a legal bod after the holidays. I do not intend to leave myself open to being sued

I think you will find if you read the thread that I have taken notice of all the recommendations and advice from other posters, except for the one that advocated tying him to the field gate and walking away. That would have been a really stupid thin g to do.

Thank you to all the posters who have come up with good advice.

If you can think of anything else that you would do Pas please advise, or pop down to the SE and pitch in

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
On the 27th Feb you told us that you had given notice that you wished to end the loan. Why on earth are you waiting until the end of April to serve an abandonment notice? Did you really give over 8 weeks notice?

If you did that the horse obviously hasn't been abandoned and you are somewhat jumping the gun with your fretting about whether they will take the horse back or not.

Visit site
Pas I gave them 8 weeks so they would have time to sort out a place for him , trying to be nice. 7 weeks on they have done nothing and dont intend to and have told me that . Im sorry you dont or cant seem to understand my posts I thought they were quite clear. If the horse is not removed at the end of April he will have been abandoned wont he thats why I am going through the various steps prior to possibly and very likely posting an abandonment notice. I cant wait several weeks and then go through the same hoops, as he has to be looked after and livery will be owing for that time. Last post from me on this as Im now banging my head on a brick wall here.

Zero00000

Visit site
PL just a little reminder that you know the full situation and may feel like you have explained the best you can, but sometimes full facts don't always come across as intended.
Don't take it to heart.
It's a horrible situation your in, youre taking all the steps you feel are neccessary, I cant offer anymore advise than you already have, but hope this resolves itself soon.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I am sorry that you have been left in this position but if you gave them 8 weeks notice, that, presumably, was your choice. In your first thread about this situation, you obviously did not expect them to take the horse home, so it wasn't the most sensible thing to do to give them such a long notice period. However, you did and now you are where you are, so all you can do is follow the legal process, which you have had plenty of advice about, including, I assume from BHS as you asked about their legal helpline recently.

It is very unfortunate that you will eventually find yourself having to pts someone else's horse and I have no sympathy for these irresponsible owners. You, at least, will be doing the right thing by him.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Pas I gave them 8 weeks so they would have time to sort out a place for him , trying to be nice. 7 weeks on they have done nothing and dont intend to and have told me that . Im sorry you dont or cant seem to understand my posts I thought they were quite clear. If the horse is not removed at the end of April he will have been abandoned wont he thats why I am going through the various steps prior to possibly and very likely posting an abandonment notice. I cant wait several weeks and then go through the same hoops, as he has to be looked after and livery will be owing for that time. Last post from me on this as Im now banging my head on a brick wall here.

PL it was really nice of you to give the owners until the end of the original agreement to sort something out, even though they misrepresented the horse to you when you took him on. I'm sorry they haven't responded in kind, but the end of the month is very close now and hopefully this will all be sorted by the end of the first week of May.

At least someone in the poor horse's life is going to do the right thing by him. Well done.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I don’t understand how someone who has care and control of a horse can issue an abandonment notice .
The horse is not abandoned it’s in an ownership dispute .
If PL had waltzed off and left the horse on the livery yard the owner of the yard could issue the notice
These owners are the lowest of the low .

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I don’t understand how someone who has care and control of a horse can issue an abandonment notice .
The horse is not abandoned it’s in an ownership dispute .
If PL had waltzed off and left the horse on the livery yard the owner of the yard could issue the notice
These owners are the lowest of the low .

Well, it's not really an ownership dispute. Every-one agrees that he two numpties are the owners and that the horse is currently on loan to PL. At the end of the loan, the horse will have been abandoned, as it would appear that the two co-owners have no intention of telling PL where to deliver it, or of collecting it. However this could change, when it actually gets to the end of the notice period. Who knows?

MagicMelon

Visit site
Can't you just write a legal letter to them both to say they need to come to a joint agreement over the outcome and you want a letter back from them by so and so a date, otherwise you will drop the horse off to them at so and so address of one of them.