Uncle Jimmy's Licky Things??

LJN

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone puts these in their horses stable? With the weather getting a bit grotty and the horses probably having to spend a bit more time indoors I was thinking about getting one, but my horse is pretty greedy - will he eat it all in one go?!

Would love to hear from those who have tried them (or whose horses have tried them:))

cimmaron

New User
Visit site
Uncle Jimmy's do a sugar free version which I use. Horse is not as keen on them as he is with the sugary ones or Likits (which last about 5 mins with him) but he goes to it every now and again and lasts about a week.

elliebrewer98

Visit site
They're really good! My mare is VERY food aware, so likits get devoured in a day, but these are really good (especially in the colder weather 'cause they freeze and harden) as they're made up of all sorts of grain, and syrupy bits; and they come in loads of lush flavours! Lace loved the apple one, I bought it to take to pony club camp with me -as she gets bored quite easily and tends to eat her hay quickly- and she barely left it alone! Although, she still had some left for me to put in her field when we got home:)

P.S. It showed how durable they are when I saw Lace grabbing it with her teeth and trying to yank it apart and only succeeded in scraping a few bits of grain off!;)

LJN

Visit site
Awful choice of title.

Well, that is what the product is called!

I had wondered if they would be high in sugar, but apparently they do a sugar free one? I do like the idea if hanging a swede up though. That sounds much cheaper and easier! Do you just use normal twine to hang it?

SuperCoblet

Visit site
A normal likit lasts mine a whole 2 minutes, hung properly too. An uncle jimmys will last him over 2 weeks! Theyre more healthy than likits too.
They fit perfectly into a likit holder hung from the roof.
Peppermint is his favorite :) x

malakai

Visit site
I thought they were bound together with a molasses base?

Either way my (very odd) horse will not eat likits, horselyx, uncle jimmys or anything else but she will devour a whole swede in a few hours lol

Biradigo

Visit site
I bought my horses Uncle Jimmy's Hanging Balls last year (The name of them made me buy them!). Very sticky, very hard to brush off, but the horses love them!

LaurenBay

Visit site
Ruby has a Bananna one. Got to say since she has been eating it, she has suddenly got very spooky, probably due to all the sugar, she has almost finished it now. But won't be buying another one to replace it.

Leg_end

Visit site
I hung one in my lads stable last winter and he loved it. I did hang it somewhere he couldn't wedge it against the wall and it lasted a while. He would often get a sticky patch on his wither and I often smacked my head on it but it did the job ;)

LJN

Visit site
Thank you all for your help! I will try a Swede first I think. Hopefully he won't crunch it up in seconds or I will have to resort to Uncle Jimmy's Hanging Balls :D

Mongoose11

Visit site
I had the non sugar one and it did take almost a week for fatty cob to eat it so that is seriously good going. Be prepared for sticky, hgreasy face though!

LJN

Visit site
I would like to point out that I live in Spain (and clearly have been living with my head under a giant rock) as I had no idea why anyone thought this was such an awful title until I just checked BBC news website... Oppppssss!!! :eek:

Hope no offence caused, I still think the product name is quite funny though :D

tankgirl1

Visit site
Whoever suggested a swede - thank you! Hung one up for big grey donkey tonight and we were all in stitches watching him with it - lips were going, jaw was going, tongue stuck out.... and all he got was a few tooth scrapes off it :p Poor fella it was hilarious! :D:eek: