UNDER HORSED!!!!

jewel

Visit site
i'm so glad you all said they first few post were wrong in saying 12 stone as i'll never be able to ride my younger( section d) when he's older as i'll never get down to 12 stone

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
I think it also really depends on how much work the horse is asked to do. I know many "heavier" riders who are very very considerate with their horses (perhaps even more than the lighter riders who work their horses to the ground!) when it comes to the amount of work and type of work they do. People completely underestimate the amount of weight a horse can carry, especially the cob types! I worked out in Idaho USA for a few months and you should see the size of the quarter horses out there compared to the size of the cowboys. These horses work all day (with very heavy saddles) and arent hard done by from what I saw!

cooper

Visit site
i agree a cob can carry a good weight but 18 stone on a small framed d , doesnt look good to me. the horse tripped and rider lost her balance and fell on his neck, horse had to walk on his knees cos couldnt get up from the weight.

tabithakat64

Visit site
Well Fudge is a Welsh D and carries up to 15 stone, Lady can carry 13 stone for about an hour at walk and trot but I wouldn't subject her to anything faster or longer